admidio alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Human Resources Management (HRM)" category.
Alternatively, view admidio alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
6.1 6.2 admidio VS TimeOff.ManagementSimple yet powerful absence management software for small and medium size business (community edition)
Do you think we are missing an alternative of admidio or a related project?
Admidio is a free open source user management system for websites of organizations and groups. The system has a flexible role model so that it’s possible to reflect the structure and permissions of your organization. You can create an individual profile for your members by adding or removing fields. Additional to these functions the system contains several modules like member lists, event manager, guestbook, photo album or a documents & files area.
Table of contents
- create roles and groups that reflects the structure of your organization
- customize the user profile with your own profile fields
- relate your members to each other (e.g. spouse, mother - son)
- create individual membership lists of your roles
- publish all your events online and let the members participate
- create photo albums and let the users send ecards
- send html emails to your users, roles and groups
- export all lists to csv, excel or pdf
- import users from csv
- and much more ...
You can install Admidio on your webspace if the script language PHP in version 5.6.0 or higher is available. Admidio also needs a MySQL (version 5.0 or higher) or PostgreSQL (version 9.0 or higher) database to run.
For a successful installation please follow our online instructions. There we describe step by step the installation process.
Please follow our online instructions for a successful update to a new version of Admidio.
Short update description:
- Delete the folder adm_program and the index.php of the previous version.
- Copy folder adm_program and the index.php from the new version to this place.
- Update the folder adm_plugins with the new delivered plugins.
- Call the index.php in your Admidio folder and start the update.
- Maybe changes to the theme in the folder adm_theme are necessary.
If you perform an update from version 2.x or 3.x to version 4.x please read our special update instructions.
Admidio could also be used within a docker enviroment. \ We provide a Dockerfile that allows you to easily create and use your own Docker image.
The easiest way is to use our prebuilt images from Dockerhub. You can start an admidio docker container with the following command:
docker run --detach -it --name Admidio \ --memory="1024m" --cpu-quota="80000" --cpuset-cpus="0-1" \ -p 8080:8080 \ --restart="unless-stopped" \ -v Admidio-files:/var/www/admidio/adm_my_files \ -v Admidio-themes:/var/www/admidio/adm_themes \ -v Admidio-plugins:/var/www/admidio/adm_plugins \ admidio/admidio:latest
For detailed docker usage see README-Docker.md
There are several ways how you can contribute to Admidio.
The easiest way to support us will be our forum. There you can help other users with your knowledge and answer questions. Try to reproduce errors that other users report or give hints to some problems.
Another way is our documentation. We want to deliver a helpful documentation to our users. But there is a lot work to do. You see our current state in the wiki. Just ask us for write permissions in the wiki and you can start.
We always need persons who translate our software Admidio into another language or just update an existing language to the current version. We also need people who translate our documentation into english.
So if you find yourself in one of the above points then we invite you to join our team and help to improve Admidio to one of the best free membership software.
Please visit our changelog for detail information about the bugfixes and enhancements in each version.
If you like the software and our project then we are happy if you donate some money to the project.
Copyright and License
Admidio is release under the GNU General Public License 2. You are free to use, modify and distribute this software, as long as the copyright header within the html page and source code is left intact. If you want to support us we are happy if you don't remove the link to Admidio within the login dialog.
Admidio contains several scripts, icons and modules of other projects. We want to thank the people behind these projects for contributing and sharing great software.
- Admidio Team: The core developers of this project
- Bootstrap: HTML, CSS and JS framework
- Bootstrap-Datepicker: Datepicker for Bootstrap
- Composer: A Dependency Manager for PHP.
- Cookie Consent: The most popular solution to the EU cookie law
- Datatables: Table plugin for jQuery
- Font Awesome: Vector icons and social logos
- htmLawed: PHP code to purify & filter HTML
- James Heinrich: backupDB
- jQuery-File-Upload: jQuery file upload plugin
- Lightbox: Lightbox for Bootstrap
- Monolog: Logging for PHP
- NobleCount: NobleCount… for a more ‘proper’ count of the characters remaining.
- phpass: Portable PHP password hashing framework
- PHPMailer: Email sending library for PHP
- PHPSpreadsheet: PhpSpreadsheet offers a set of classes that allow you to read and write various spreadsheet file formats.
- PSR Log: An interface that describes a logger.
- ramsey/uuid: A PHP library for generating and working with UUIDs.
- SecurImage: PHP CAPTCHA script for generating complex images and CAPTCHA codes to protect forms from spam and abuse.
- Select2: jQuery replacement for select boxes
- Smarty: PHP template engine
- TCPDF: Open Source PHP class for generating PDF documents.
- zxcvbn: Add password strength indicator
- zxcvbn-php: Test password strength in the backend
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2021 The Admidio Team
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the admidio README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.