Backdrop CMS v1.17.0-preview Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-09-03 // 7 months ago
🚀 This is the preview release of Backdrop 1.17.0. Please use this version if you would like to help us test the features in the new version of Backdrop -- prior to the official release on September 15, 2020.
⚡️ Notes for updating:
🚀 It will be necessary to run the update script (located at
/update.php) for this release.
🚀 No changes have been made to the
settings.phpfiles in this release. Updating custom versions of those files is not necessary.
Major new features in Backdrop 1.17.0 Preview include:
- 👍 Layouts: Allow support for custom contexts backdrop/backdrop-issues#3750
- Layouts: Allow all blocks to have an admin label and description backdrop/backdrop-issues#4558
- Image fields: Add an option to allow lazy-loading of images backdrop/backdrop-issues#3659
- 💅 Expand image tokens to allow image styles (imagecache_token functionality added to core) backdrop/backdrop-issues#3594
- Enforce some basic password constraints (no username or email as password) backdrop/backdrop-issues#4265
- 👉 Use .htaccess files to further secure the config directory (when Apache is used) backdrop/backdrop-issues#706
- Give Editor role the 'Administer content' permission OOTB backdrop/backdrop-issues#4541
- ⚡️ Sort "Available Updates" page in the same way as the "Status Report" page backdrop/backdrop-issues#3132
- ➕ Add "Has new content" field to the "Admin content" view. backdrop/backdrop-issues#2350
- 👍 Allow title to be hidden when displaying a teaser in views backdrop/backdrop-issues#1881
- 👍 Allow selecting an existing date format for log messages backdrop/backdrop-issues#4425
- Enable the password toggle on all core password fields backdrop/backdrop-issues#3048
- 🔗 Link autocomplete: Improve the readability/scannability of suggestions in the dropdown backdrop/backdrop-issues#4481
- ➕ Add NID to node block class backdrop/backdrop-issues#3730