Calibre Web alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Calibre" category.
Alternatively, view Calibre Web alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Polar Bookshelf8.1 10.0 Calibre Web VS Polar BookshelfPolar is a personal knowledge repository for PDF and web content supporting incremental reading and document annotation.
DSpace7.1 9.8 Calibre Web VS DSpace(Official) The DSpace digital asset management system that powers your Institutional Repository
Komga6.7 8.0 Calibre Web VS KomgaMedia server for comics/mangas/BDs with API and OPDS support
Mango5.8 6.8 Calibre Web VS MangoMango is a self-hosted manga server and web reader
BicBucStriim4.2 0.0 Calibre Web VS BicBucStriimBicBucStriim streams books, digital books. It fills a gap in the functionality of current NAS devices that provide access to music, videos and photos -- but not books. BicBucStriim fills this gap and provides web-based access to your e-book collection.
Samvera Hyrax4.0 9.6 Calibre Web VS Samvera HyraxHyrax is a Ruby on Rails Engine built by the Samvera community. Hyrax provides a foundation for creating many different digital repository applications.
Fedora Commons RepositoryFedora Repository
LibreRead3.9 9.0 Calibre Web VS LibreReadSelf-hosted Web-based e-book reader.
Islandora3.8 0.0 Calibre Web VS IslandoraDrupal modules for browsing and managing Fedora-based digital repositories.
EPrints2.9 0.0 Calibre Web VS EPrintsEPrints 3.3 core and releases
RERO ILS2.1 7.8 Calibre Web VS RERO ILSIntegrated Library System flavour of Invenio by RERO+.
The EpubeSelf-hosted web EPUB reader using EPUB.js, Bootstrap, and Calibre.
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Calibre Web or a related project?
Calibre-Web is a web app providing a clean interface for browsing, reading and downloading eBooks using a valid Calibre database.
This software is a fork of library and licensed under the GPL v3 License.
- Bootstrap 3 HTML5 interface
- full graphical setup
- User management with fine-grained per-user permissions
- Admin interface
- User Interface in brazilian, czech, dutch, english, finnish, french, galician, german, greek, hungarian, italian, japanese, khmer, korean, polish, russian, simplified and traditional chinese, spanish, swedish, turkish, ukrainian, vietnamese
- OPDS feed for eBook reader apps
- Filter and search by titles, authors, tags, series, book format and language
- Create a custom book collection (shelves)
- Support for editing eBook metadata and deleting eBooks from Calibre library
- Support for downloading eBook metadata from various sources, sources can be extended via external plugins
- Support for converting eBooks through Calibre binaries
- Restrict eBook download to logged-in users
- Support for public user registration
- Send eBooks to E-Readers with the click of a button
- Sync your Kobo devices through Calibre-Web with your Calibre library
- Support for reading eBooks directly in the browser (.txt, .epub, .pdf, .cbr, .cbt, .cbz, .djvu)
- Upload new books in many formats, including audio formats (.mp3, .m4a, .m4b)
- Support for Calibre Custom Columns
- Ability to hide content based on categories and Custom Column content per user
- Self-update capability
- "Magic Link" login to make it easy to log on eReaders
- Login via LDAP, google/github oauth and via proxy authentication
Installation via pip (recommended)
- To avoid problems with already installed python dependencies, it's recommended to create a virtual environment for Calibre-Web
- Install Calibre-Web via pip with the command
pip install calibreweb(Depending on your OS and or distro the command could also be
- Optional features can also be installed via pip, please refer to this page for details
- Calibre-Web can be started afterwards by typing
In the Wiki there are also examples for: a manual installation, installation on Linux Mint, installation on a Cloud Provider.
Point your browser to
http://localhost:8083/opds for the OPDS catalog \
Login with default admin login \
Location of Calibre database to the path of the folder where your Calibre library (metadata.db) lives, push "submit" button \
Optionally a Google Drive can be used to host the calibre library -> Using Google Drive integration \
Afterwards you can configure your Calibre-Web instance (Basic Configuration and UI Configuration on admin page)
Default admin login:
Username: admin\ Password: admin123
Optionally, to enable on-the-fly conversion from one ebook format to another when using the send-to-ereader feature, or during editing of ebooks metadata:
Download and install the Calibre desktop program for your platform and enter the folder including program name (normally /opt/calibre/ebook-convert, or C:\Program Files\calibre\ebook-convert.exe) in the field "calibre's converter tool" on the setup page.
Download Kepubify tool for your platform and place the binary starting with
kepubify in Linux:
A pre-built Docker image is available in these Docker Hub repository (maintained by the LinuxServer team):
LinuxServer - x64, armhf, aarch64
- Docker Hub - https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre-web
- Github - https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-calibre-web
- Github - (Optional Calibre layer) - https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-calibre-web/tree/calibre
This image has the option to pull in an extra docker manifest layer to include the Calibre
ebook-convert binary. Just include the environmental variable
DOCKER_MODS=linuxserver/calibre-web:calibre in your docker run/docker compose file. (x64 only)
If you do not need this functionality then this can be omitted, keeping the image as lightweight as possible.
Both the Calibre-Web and Calibre-Mod images are rebuilt automatically on new releases of Calibre-Web and Calibre respectively, and on updates to any included base image packages on a weekly basis if required.
- The "path to convertertool" should be set to
- The "path to unrar" should be set to
Just reach us out on Discord
For further information, How To's and FAQ please check the Wiki
Contributing to Calibre-Web
Please have a look at our Contributing Guidelines
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Calibre Web README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.