CharjaBox alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Self-hosting Solutions" category.
Alternatively, view CharjaBox alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.4 10.0 CharjaBox VS BudibaseBudibase is an open-source low code platform that helps you build internal tools in minutes 🚀
9.1 0.0 L5 CharjaBox VS sovereignA set of Ansible playbooks to build and maintain your own private cloud: email, calendar, contacts, file sync, IRC bouncer, VPN, and more.
8.7 9.1 CharjaBox VS Crater InvoiceOpen Source Invoicing Solution for Individuals & Businesses
8.5 8.9 L2 CharjaBox VS SandstormSandstorm is a self-hostable web productivity suite. It's implemented as a security-hardened web app package manager.
Open and inexpensive DIY IP-KVM based on Raspberry Pi
7.7 9.8 L3 CharjaBox VS OpenMediaVaultopenmediavault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux. It contains services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more. Thanks to the modular design of the framework it can be enhanced via plugins. OpenMediaVault is primarily designed to be used in home environments or small home offices, but is not limited to those scenarios. It is a simple and easy to use out-of-the-box solution that will allow everyone to install and administrate a Network Attached Storage without deeper knowledge.
7.3 9.4 L2 CharjaBox VS TagSpacesTagSpaces is an offline, open source, document manager with tagging support
7.3 9.9 CharjaBox VS FreeNASTrueNAS CORE/Enterprise/SCALE Middleware Git Repository [Moved to: https://github.com/truenas/middleware]
6.7 9.2 CharjaBox VS NextCloudPi📦 Build code for NextcloudPi: Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Rock64, Docker, curl installer...
6.6 0.0 CharjaBox VS 1BackendRun your web apps easily with a complete platform that you can install on any server. Build composable microservices and lambdas.
6.5 9.0 CharjaBox VS DockSTARTerDockSTARTer helps you get started with running apps in Docker.
3.7 0.0 CharjaBox VS DPlatformDeploy self-hosted apps easily: simple, bloat-free, independent installation
2.4 0.0 L5 CharjaBox VS Puffinlightweight webapp catalog based on containers, with user interface à la mobile app store
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of CharjaBox or a related project?
Ansible based Homeserver setup using Docker.
What is this?
CharjaBox is an Ansible playbook that can be used to easily deploy your Homeserver setup.
All supported applications can be installed on your server using Docker by simply changing some variables and running the playbook.
Read the documentation here.
- Samba Sharing
- openVPN Server
- Manual container management using Portainer
- Home Media Streaming with Plex, Jellyfin and/or Airsonic
- Media management with Sonarr, Radarr and Lidarr
- Torrenting via r(u)Torrent
- Your own wiki using Dokuwiki
- RSS Feed Reader
- macOS backups over the network with Time machine over SMB
- Personal Finance management with Firefly III
- Local DNS management with BIND
- Hosting your own git repositories
- Download caching for many CDNs
- Password management
- and more...
- Airsonic - Free, web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music
- Bazarr - Companion application to Sonarr and Radarr for downloading subtitles
- BIND - Domain Name Server for your home network
- Bitwarden_rs - Password manager compatible with Bitwarden apps
- Calibre-Web - Web app for browsing, reading and downloading eBooks stored in a Calibre database
- Dokuwiki - Simple to use and highly versatile Open Source wiki software that doesn't require a database
- Duplicati - Free backup software to store encrypted backups online
- Firefly III - Free and open source personal finance manager
- Gitea - Git with a cup of tea
- Heimdall - Application Dashboard for easy access to all your services
- Home-Assistant - Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first.
- Jackett - API Support for your favorite torrent trackers.
- Jellyfin - The Free Software Media System
- Lancache - Cache your video game downloads and operating system updates so you only have to download them once
- Lidarr - Manage your music collection
- Miniflux - Minimalist and opinionated feed reader
- Nextcloud - Selfhosted cloud file hosting & sharing
- Nginx - Open source web server and a reverse proxy server
- Plex - Your very own personal streaming service
- Portainer - Web Interface for managing Docker containers
- Poste.io - All-in-one selfhosted E-Mail solution
- pyLoad - Free and open-source Download Manager written in Python
- Radarr - Manage your movie collection
- rtorrent - Text-based ncurses BitTorrent client
- ruTorrent - Web front-end for the popular Bittorrent client rtorrent
- Sonarr - Manage your TV collection
- Tautulli - Monitor your Plex Media Server
- TheLounge - Self-hosted web IRC client
- Time machine - Backup your macOS devices over the network
- Traefik - Automate reverse proxy access to your server
- Make sure all Requirements are met
- Clone the repository and
cdinto the directory
- Configure everything
- Create an
inventoryfile and add your server's IP/Hostname/Domain
- Install needed roles:
ansible-galaxy install -r requirements.yml
- Run the playbook:
ansible-playbook -i inventory -u $USER charjabox.yml
You can use the playbook
charjabox/scripts/initialize.yml to skip part of steps 3 and 4. This playbook asks you about your server IP, group name and settings folder and creates the files for you automatically.
You still need to do it manually if you want to use multiple servers for now. This functionality will be added to the script in the future.
- Thanks to DysphoricUnicorn for designing our beautiful mascot.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the CharjaBox README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.