Code-Server v4.0.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2022-01-04 // 4 months ago
VS Code v1.63.0
code-server has been rebased on upstream's newly open-sourced server implementation (#4414).
- 0️⃣ Web socket compression has been made the default (when supported). This means
--enableflag will no longer take
permessage-deflateas an option.
- The static endpoint can no longer reach outside code-server. However the vscode-remote-resource endpoint still can.
- 0️⃣ OpenVSX has been made the default marketplace.
- The last opened folder/workspace is no longer stored separately in the settings file (we rely on the already-existing query object instead).
- The marketplace override environment variables
ITEM_URLhave been replaced with a single
EXTENSIONS_GALLERYvariable that corresponds to
extensionsGalleryin VS Code's
VSCODE_PROXY_URIenv var for use in the terminal and extensions.
- 🚚 Extra extension directories have been removed. The
--extra-builtin-extensions-dirflags will no longer be accepted.
- 🚚 The
--install-sourceflag has been removed.
--linkis now deprecated (#4562).
- 🛠 We fixed a XSS vulnerability by escaping HTML from messages in the error page (#4430).
- 0️⃣ Web socket compression has been made the default (when supported). This means the