Converse.js v10.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2022-10-30 // 5 months ago
- ⚡️ Update to Strophe.js 1.6.0 which adds support for SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-512
- Don't automatically convert OpenStreetMap URLs into
geo:URIs in sent messages
- Remove the
- 👉 Show roster contacts with
- ✂ Remove the
converse-carbonsplugin and make carbons part of the
- ✂ Remove the
message_carbonsconfiguration setting. Carbons are now always enabled.
- 🚚 Move the
converse-oauthplugin to the community-plugins
- Don't apply message corrections when the MUC occupant-id doesn't match.
- ⚡️ Update
nickattribute on ChatRoom when user nickname changes
- Restrict editing of MUC messages to ones with the same XEP-0421 occupant ID
- ✂ Remove unfurls for links removed in a subsequent message correction
- Bookmarks now appear in a modal and the
hide_open_bookmarksconfig setting has been removed.
- #1004: Stop using fonts to render icons and use SVG instead
- #2797: Weird unicode characters rendering outside of line-height
- ✅ #2870: Fix for multiple URLs to be linkified when sent together in chat and adds a test for this.
- #2879: Quotes, lines not aligned to the first line
- 💻 #2925: Fix missing disco-items in browser storage.
- 📚 #2936: Fix documentation about enable_smacks option, which is true by default.
- #2939: Data forms with a field named "username" are not displayed
- #3005: Fix MUC messages with a fallback body not rendering.
- #3007: Fix links becoming text when a message is edited
- #3018: Fix MUC icons not functioning.
- #3028: Fix encrypted media from Conversations/Quicksy not properly decrypting
Previous changes from v9.1.1
- GIFs don't render inside unfurls and cause a TypeError
- 👌 Improve how the
muc_domainsetting is populated via service discovery
- ✂ Remove local (non-requesting) contacts not returned from a full roster response
- 👌 Improve performance by looking up VCards via map instead of traversing an array
- 🛠 Fix infinite loop when receiving service discovery entities with a circular dependency
- #1130: Display the room’s vCard-temp avatar
- #2746: Always reply to all iqs, even those not understood
- #2794: Some display problems with mobile view mode
- #2868: Selected emoji is inserted into all open chat boxes
✂ Remove the very old and largely unused config option
allow_muc. 👍 If you don't want MUC support, you can add
'converse-muc'to the 🔌