daloRADIUS alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "FreeRADIUS" category.
Alternatively, view daloRADIUS alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.6 9.6 L2 daloRADIUS VS FreeIPAMirror of FreeIPA, an integrated security information management solution
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of daloRADIUS or a related project?
daloRADIUS is an advanced RADIUS web management application aimed at managing hotspots and general-purpose ISP deployments. It features user management, graphical reporting, accounting, a billing engine and integrates with GoogleMaps for geo-locating.
It is based on a FreeRADIUS deployment with a database server serving as the backend. Among other features it implements ACLs, GoogleMaps integration for locating hotspots/access points visually and many more features.
Thanks goes to these wonderful people :
<!-- ALL-CONTRIBUTORS-LIST:START - Do not remove or modify this section --> <!-- prettier-ignore --> Liran TalMiguelVisscrewloose83 screwloose83 Joshua Clark Francesco Cattoni Mohamed Eltantawi Seazon Reigel Gallarde Joshua Rosenfeld Nkansah Rexford Dennis de Greef <!-- ALL-CONTRIBUTORS-LIST:END -->
- PHP v5.5 or higher.
- MySQL v4.1 or higher.
- PEAR PHP extension.
- PEAR package DB in order to access the database. To install it, execute at the command line:
pear install DB
- PEAR packages Mail and Mail_Mime to send notifications by email. To install them, execute at the command line:
pear install -a Mail pear install -a Mail_Mime
More details about installation and requirements can be found if needed on the (maybe very old) files:
You can find some documentation in the
Liran Tal authored a book about working with daloRADIUS covering most aspects through the UI, including setting up a captive portal system.
Amazon Paperback Book
The paperback book version is available through Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/daloRADIUS-User-Guide-Volume-1/dp/1463752199
PDF Digital Book
There is also a digital version of the book via PDF, available at: https://lirantal.selz.com/
* List Users * Create New User * Create New User - Quick add easy to use for POS or HotSpot shops * Edit User * Search User * Delete User
* List HotSpots * Create New HotSpot * Edit HotSpot * Delete HotSpot
* List NAS * Create New NAS * Edit NAS * Delete NAS
* List, Create New, Edit and Delete User-Groups Mapping usergroup table in radius database * List, Create New, Edit and Delete Group-Reply and Group-Check Settings radgroupreply and radgroupcheck tables in radius database for managing group-wide attributes
Users Accounting By
* Username * IP Address * NAS IP Address * Date (From/To) * Display of All Accounting records the entire content of the radacct table in the radius database * Display of Active Accounting records performed by an algorithm implemented by daloRADIUS itself to calculate if an account has expired or not based on it's Max-All-Session attribute or Expiration attribute * Custom Accounting Query
* Comparison of Accounting for different HotSpots provides information on hotspot's unique users, total hits, average time and total time
GIS - Geographical Information System
daloRADIUS comes with integrated support for GIS provided by Leaflet and CARTO basemap thus provides the ability to visually locate deployed HotSpots across a map, see their status, and monitor them visually. * View Map Provides functionality of monitoring deployed HotSpots * Edit Map Provides functionality for adding or deleting HotSpots from within the map itself (i.e: no need to go to HotSpots Management page and delete or create a new one there)
* Online Users View Online users, users that are connected to the system from all NASes at a current point in time. * Last Connection Attempts View last connection attempts and their status - whether they were rejected or successful * Search Users Search for Users - similar to the functionality in User Management page * Top Users View a report of the Top Users based on their Bandwidth consumption or Time usage
* daloRADIUS Log daloRADIUS keeps a log file for all the actions it performs itself (viewing pages, form actions like deleting users, creating new hotspots, queries submission as in performing user accounting and more) * RADIUS Server Log Provides monitoring of the freeradius server logfile * System Log Provides monitoring of the system log, being syslog or messages, depends. * Boot Log Provides monitoring of the boot/kernel log (dmesg)
* Server Status Provides detailed information on the server daloRADIUS is deployed. Information such as CPU utilization, uptime, memory, disks information, and more. * RADIUS Status Provides information whether the freeradius server is running along with the database server (mysql, postgresql, or others)
* POS (Point of Sales) * Plans * Rates * PayPal Transactions * Billing History * Invoices * Payments
Provides visual graphs and statistical listing per user connection's attributes, being:
* Logins/Hits * Download * Upload
Provides visual graphs and statistical listing for the entire server, all-time information on:
* Logins/Hits * Traffic Comparison
* Database Settings Database connection information (storage: mysql, postgresql and others), credentials (username and password), radius database tables names (radcheck, radacct, etc), and database password encryption type (none, md5, sha1) * Language Settings daloRADIUS is multi-lingual and supports currently English and Russian language packs * Logging Settings and Debugging Logging of different actions, queries and page visiting performed on different pages. Also supports debugging of SQL queries executed. * Interface Settings Support for displaying password text in either clear-text or as asterisks to hide it. Table listing spanning across multiple pages is configurable on number of rows per page and addition of numbers links for quick-access to different pages.
* Test User Connectivity Provides the ability to check if a user's credentials (username and password) are valid by executing a radius query to a radius server (configurable for radius port, shared secret, etc) * Disconnect User Supply a username and send a PoD (Packet of Disconnect) or CoA (Change of Authority) packet to the NAS to disconnect the user.
daloRADIUS supports Operators for complete management of the entire platform. Different Operators can be added with their contact information and ACLs settings to grant or revoke them of permissions to access different pages.
* List Operators * Create New Operator * Edit Operator * Delete Operator
daloRADIUS makes use of several third-party packages and I would like to thank these great tools and their authors for releasing such a good software to the community.
- datepicker PHP class - Stefan Gabos [email protected]
- libchart PHP class - Jean-Marc Trémeaux [email protected]
- icons collection - Mark James of famfamfam.com icons [email protected]
- ajax auto complete - Batur Orkun [email protected]
- dhtml-Suite - Magne Kalleland [email protected]
- dompdf - https://github.com/dompdf
Helpful resources to find help and support with daloRADIUS:
- Official daloRADIUS Website: http://www.daloradius.com
- SourceForge hosted forums area: https://sourceforge.net/p/daloradius/discussion/
- Mailing List: [email protected] and register here to post there: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/daloradius-users
- Facebook's daloRADIUS related group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/551404948256611/
Copyright Liran Tal 2007-2019. All rights reserved. For release information and license, read LICENSE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the daloRADIUS README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.