Disposable Mailbox alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Webmail clients" category.
Alternatively, view Disposable Mailbox alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Mailpile9.0 1.6 L2 Disposable Mailbox VS MailpileA free & open modern, fast email client with user-friendly encryption and privacy features
Roundcube8.5 9.5 L3 Disposable Mailbox VS RoundcubeThe Roundcube Webmail suite
Tutanota makes encryption easyTutanota is an email service with a strong focus on security and privacy that lets you encrypt emails, contacts and calendar entries on all your devices.
RainLoop8.0 3.1 L3 Disposable Mailbox VS RainLoopSimple, modern & fast web-based email client
ProtonMail Web ClientMonorepo hosting the proton web clients
AnonAddy6.6 2.8 Disposable Mailbox VS AnonAddyAnonymous email forwarding
WebMail Lite4.6 0.0 L2 Disposable Mailbox VS WebMail LiteAfterLogic WebMail Lite PHP. Fast and easy-to-use webmail front-end for your existing IMAP mail server, Plesk or cPanel.
Isotope MailIsotope Mail Client
MailCare3.2 0.0 Disposable Mailbox VS MailCare[MIRRORING REPOSITORY] See https://gitlab.com/mailcare/mailcare. MailCare is an open source disposable email address services. Accessible via web browser or API to protect your privacy right now.
IMPHORDE application that provides webmail access to IMAP and POP3 accounts.
SquirrelMailAnother browser-based IMAP client.
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Disposable Mailbox or a related project?
A self-hosted disposable mailbox service (aka trash mail) :cloud: :envelope:
PHP is not your thing? You should try the more efficient NodeJs version: https://github.com/synox/void-mail
- Anonymous usage, generate random email addresses.
- New Mail notification. Download and delete your emails.
- Display emails as text or html with sanitization filter.
- Display emails based on one catch-all imap mailbox.
- Only requires PHP >=7.2 and imap extension
- webserver with php >=7.2
- php imap extension
- IMAP account and a domain with catch-all configuration. (all emails go to one mailbox).
Before you start :heavy_exclamation_mark:
- Subscribe to to be notified about issues and bugfixes.
- This is Beta software, there are still unsolved problems. Contributions are welcome! :heart:
- License: GPL-3.0. You can modify this application and run it anywhere, charge money and show advertisement. Any forks or repacked distribution must follow the GPL-3.0 license.
- A link to https://github.com/synox/disposable-mailbox in the footer is appreciated.
Disposable-mailbox can be installed by copying the src directory to a webserver.
assure the imap extension is installed. The following command should not print any errors:
<?php print imap_base64("SU1BUCBleHRlbnNpb24gc2VlbXMgdG8gYmUgaW5zdGFsbGVkLiA="); ?>
download a release or clone this repository
copy the files in the
srcdirectory to your web server (not the whole repo!).
config.phpand apply the imap settings. Move
config.phpto a safe location in a parent directory outside the
public_html, so it is not reachable through the browser.
open it in your browser, check your php error log for messages.
Build it yourself
The src directory contains all required files. If you want to update the php dependencies, you can update them yourself. You must have composer installed.
Install php dependecies:
- IMAP Server has invalid certificate: You might have to add
novalidate-certto the IMAP settings. See flags on http://php.net/manual/en/function.imap-open.php.
Error 500, Internal error: Check your error log file. Add to
ini_set('display_errors', 1); ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1); error_reporting(E_ALL);
Testing on MacOs
- brew install php
- brew tap kabel/php-ext
- brew install kabel/php-ext/php-imap
- php -S localhost:8000 -t src
This could not be possible without...
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Disposable Mailbox README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.