Docspell v0.23.0 Release Notes
May 29, 2021
🚀 This release enables deleting multiple files at once of an item. It also changes how user settings are stored. Additionally several bugs 💻 in the ui and server have been fixed.
- 🔋 Feature: Central user settings (#565): user settings have been stored in the browser but are now stored at the server. This means that all settings are now shared across all devices. See below for notes on migrating your current settings.
- 🔋 Feature: Delete multiple attachemnts at once, thanks to @stefan-scheidewig (#626): multiple attachments on an item can be deleted with a single click
- 🔋 Feature: Make consumedir-cleaner run on windows, thanks to @JaCoB1123 (#809)
- 🐛 Bug: More work externalizing strings (#784, #760): many more strings have been externalized for being translated; also dates are now externalized, too
- 🐛 Bug: Better anonymous upload page (#758): the upload page for anonymous users shouldn't show a form to provide any metadata
- 🐛 Bug: Tag category color (#835): the input field to specify colors for tag categories didn't show the category name
- 🐛 Bug: Search in names (#822): a bug in the webui sent a broken query to the server, making the "search in names" field unusable
- 🐛 Bug: Fulltext only search broken (#823): the fulltext only search didn't only consult the solr index, but also the database, making it a lot slower and presenting the results not in the order returned by solr.
- 🐛 Bug: Ui switches to logged in state on auth failure (#814)
- 🐛 Bug: Broken search summary when tag has no category (#759)
💻 Migrating UI Settings
⬆️ After the upgrade to this version, your current ui settings are not 📄 read anymore. That means docspell starts up with a light theme and tag colors are gone etc. If there are no settings at the server, but 💻 docspell finds some at your browser, the UI Settings page shows a big message and a button. Clicking this button sends your settings to the server. This message disappears as soon as there are some settings on the server.
If you have multiple devices, you now need to choose one which settings you want to migrate to the server. It is currently not possible to store settings per device.
**Note: the button is only there if there are no settings at the server. So if you want to migrate, don't set the theme or click on other things that are persisted before doing the migration!
REST Api Changes
- 🆕 new routes have been added to delete multiple attachments of an item
- 🆕 new routes have been added to manage client settings
🔧 Configuration Changes