Dolibarr ERP & CRM is a modern software package to manage your organization's activity (contacts, suppliers, invoices, orders, stocks, agenda…).
It's an Open Source Software (written in PHP language) designed for small, medium or large companies, foundations and freelances.
You can freely use, study, modify or distribute it according to its Free Software licence.
You can use it as a standalone application or as a web application to be able to access it from the Internet or a LAN.
DOLIBARR ERP & CRM alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Enterprise Resource Planning" category.
Alternatively, view DOLIBARR ERP & CRM alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.6 10.0 L3 DOLIBARR ERP & CRM VS ERPNextFree and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
6.5 9.8 DOLIBARR ERP & CRM VS metasfreshWe do Open Source ERP - Fast, Flexible & Free Software to scale your Business.
4.3 9.8 DOLIBARR ERP & CRM VS LedgerSMBRepository for the LedgerSMB project -- web app for accounting & ERP
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of DOLIBARR ERP & CRM or a related project?
DOLIBARR ERP & CRM
Dolibarr ERP & CRM is a modern software package that helps manage your organization's activity (contacts, suppliers, invoices, orders, stocks, agenda…).
You can freely use, study, modify or distribute it according to its licence.
You can use it as a standalone application or as a web application to access it from the Internet or a LAN.
Dolibarr has a large community ready to help you, free forums and preferred partners ready to offer commercial support should you need it
Dolibarr is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version (GPL-3+).
See the COPYING file for a full copy of the license.
Other licenses apply for some included dependencies. See COPYRIGHT for a full list.
If you have low technical skills and you're looking to install Dolibarr ERP/CRM in just a few clicks, you can use one of the packaged versions:
Releases can be downloaded from official website.
You can use a web server and a supported database (MariaDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL) to install the standard version.
On GNU/Linux, first check if your distribution has already packaged Dolibarr.
Generic install steps
Check that your installed PHP version is supported see PHP support.
Uncompress the downloaded .zip archive to copy the "dolibarr/htdocs" directory and all its files inside your web server root or get the files directly from GitHub (recommanded if you know git as it makes it easier if you want to upgrade later):
git clone https://github.com/dolibarr/dolibarr -b x.y (where x.y is main version like 3.6, 9.0, ...)
Set up your web server to use "dolibarr/htdocs" as root if your web server does not have an already defined directory to point to.
Create an empty
htdocs/conf/conf.phpfile and set write permissions for your web server user (write permission will be removed once install is finished)
From your browser, go to the dolibarr "install/" page
The URL will depends on how you web setup was setup to point to your dolibarr installation. It may looks like:
- Follow the installer instructions
If you don't have time to install it yourself, you can try some commercial 'ready to use' Cloud offers (See https://saas.dolibarr.org). However, this third solution is not free.
Dolibarr supports upgrading, usually without the need for any (commercial) support (depending on if you use any commercial extensions). It supports upgrading all the way from any version after 2.8 without breakage. This is unique in the ERP ecosystem and a benefit our users highly appreciate!
- At first make a backup of your Dolibarr files & then see
- Check that your installed PHP version is supported by the new version see PHP support.
- Overwrite all old files from 'dolibarr' directory with files provided into the new version's package.
- At first next access, Dolibarr will redirect you to the "install/" page to follow the upgrade process.
install.lockfile exists to lock any other upgrade process, the application will ask you to remove the file manually (you should find the
install.lockfile in the directory used to store generated and uploaded documents, in most cases, it is the directory called "documents").
See the ChangeLog file.
Main application/modules (all optional)
- Third-Parties Management: Customers, Prospects (Leads) and/or Suppliers + Contacts
- Members/Membership/Foundation management
- Products and/or Services catalog
- Stock / Warehouse management + Inventory
- Batches / Lots / Serials
- Product Variants
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Manufacturing Orders
- Customers/Prospects + Contacts management
- Opportunities or Leads management
- Commercial proposals management (online signing)
- Customer Orders management
- Contracts/Subscription management
- Interventions management
- Ticket System
- Shipping management
- Customer Invoices/Credit notes and payment management
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Suppliers/Vendors + Contacts
- Supplier (price) requests
- Purchase Orders management
- Supplier Invoices/credit notes and payment management
- Bank accounts management
- Direct debit and Credit transfer management (European SEPA)
- Accounting management
- Donations management
- Loan management
- Shared calendar/agenda (with ical and vcal import/export for third party tools integration)
- Projects & Tasks management
- Ticket System
- Employee's leaves management
- Expense reports
- Recruitment management
- Electronic Document Management (EDM)
- Data export/import
- LDAP connectivity
- ClickToDial integration
- Mass emailing
- RSS integration
- Social platforms linking
- Payment platforms integration (PayPal, Stripe, Paybox...)
(around 100 modules available by default, 1000+ on the addon market place)
Other general features
- Multi-Language Support (Localization in most major languages)
- Multi-Users and groups with finely grained rights
- Multi-Company (by adding of an external module)
- Very user friendly and easy to use
- Customizable dashboards
- Highly customizable: enable only the modules you need, add user personalized fields, choose your skin, several menu managers (can be used by internal users as a back-office with a particular menu, or by external users as a front-office with another one)
- APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Code that is easy to understand, maintain and develop (PHP with no heavy framework; trigger and hook architecture)
- Support a lot of country specific features:
- Spanish Tax RE and ISPF
- French NPR VAT rate (VAT called "Non Perçue Récupérable" for DOM-TOM)
- Canadian double taxes (federal/province) and other countries using cumulative VAT
- Tunisian tax stamp
- Argentina invoice numbering using A,B,C...
- ZATCA e-invoicing QR-Code
- Compatible with European directives (2006/112/CE ... 2010/45/UE)
- Compatible with data privacy rules (europe GDPR, ...)
- Flexible PDF & ODT generation for invoices, proposals, orders...
System Environment / Requirements
- MariaDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Compatible with all Cloud solutions that match PHP & MySQL or PostgreSQL prerequisites.
See exact requirements on the Wiki
Dolibarr can be extended with a lot of other external application or modules from third party developers available at the DoliStore.
WHAT DOLIBARR CAN'T DO YET
These are features that Dolibarr does not yet fully support:
- Tasks dependencies in projects
- Payroll module
- No native embedded Webmail, but you can send email to contacts in Dolibarr with e.g. offers, invoices, etc.
- Dolibarr can't do coffee (yet)
Administrator, user, developer and translator's documentations are available along with other community resources in the Wiki.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. Please read the instructions how to contribute (report a bug/error, a feature request, send code ...) [Contribute]
A view on Contributors:
Dolibarr is the work of many contributors over the years and uses some fine PHP libraries.
See COPYRIGHT file.
NEWS AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
Follow Dolibarr project on:
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here. 🙏 [Become a sponsor/backer]
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the DOLIBARR ERP & CRM README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.