DPlatform alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Self-hosting Solutions" category.
Alternatively, view DPlatform alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Budibase9.5 10.0 DPlatform VS BudibaseBudibase is an open-source low code platform that helps you build internal tools in minutes 🚀
sovereign9.0 0.0 L5 DPlatform VS sovereignA set of Ansible playbooks to build and maintain your own private cloud: email, calendar, contacts, file sync, IRC bouncer, VPN, and more.
Crater Invoice8.8 6.1 DPlatform VS Crater InvoiceOpen Source Invoicing Solution for Individuals & Businesses
Sandstorm8.5 8.3 L2 DPlatform VS SandstormSandstorm is a self-hostable web productivity suite. It's implemented as a security-hardened web app package manager.
Open and cheap DIY IP-KVM based on Raspberry PiOpen and inexpensive DIY IP-KVM based on Raspberry Pi
Vesta Control Panel7.9 5.6 L3 DPlatform VS Vesta Control PanelVESTA Control Panel
DietPi7.8 9.9 DPlatform VS DietPiLightweight justice for your single-board computer!
OpenMediaVault7.7 9.3 L3 DPlatform VS OpenMediaVaultopenmediavault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux. It contains services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more. Thanks to the modular design of the framework it can be enhanced via plugins. OpenMediaVault is primarily designed to be used in home environments or small home offices, but is not limited to those scenarios. It is a simple and easy to use out-of-the-box solution that will allow everyone to install and administrate a Network Attached Storage without deeper knowledge.
WikiSuite7.4 0.0 L2 DPlatform VS WikiSuiteAn HTML5 management interface for KVM guests
TagSpaces7.3 8.5 L2 DPlatform VS TagSpacesTagSpaces is an offline, open source, document manager with tagging support
FreeNAS7.3 9.9 DPlatform VS FreeNASTrueNAS CORE/Enterprise/SCALE Middleware Git Repository [Moved to: https://github.com/truenas/middleware]
#<Sawyer::Resource:0x00007f938ce6e1d8>An open source, real-time monitoring tool with custom-monitor and agentless. Web, database, os, middleware, cloudnative, network and more. Aim to monitor everything!
Ansible-NAS7.0 7.9 DPlatform VS Ansible-NASBuild a full-featured home server or NAS replacement with an Ubuntu box and this playbook.
Yacht6.8 3.7 DPlatform VS YachtA web interface for managing docker containers with an emphasis on templating to provide 1 click deployments. Think of it like a decentralized app store for servers that anyone can make packages for.
NextCloudPi6.7 9.7 DPlatform VS NextCloudPi📦 Build code for NextcloudPi: Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Rock64, Docker, curl installer...
DockSTARTer6.5 7.9 DPlatform VS DockSTARTerDockSTARTer helps you get started with running apps in Docker.
1Backend6.5 0.0 DPlatform VS 1BackendRun your web apps easily with a complete platform that you can install on any server. Build composable microservices and lambdas.
Piratebox3.8 0.0 L5 DPlatform VS PirateboxPirateBox Scriptcollection for running in Webserver
Syncloud3.7 6.8 L5 DPlatform VS SyncloudRun popular services on your device with one click
Jump3.5 8.5 DPlatform VS JumpJump is a self-hosted startpage and real-time status page for your server designed to be simple, stylish, fast and secure.
FreedomBone3.2 9.9 DPlatform VS FreedomBoneHome server configuration based on Debian.
Libre.sh3.0 0.0 DPlatform VS Libre.shMoved to https://lab.libreho.st/libre.sh/compose.libre.sh
xsrv2.8 8.9 DPlatform VS xsrv[mirror] Install and manage self-hosted services/applications, on your own server(s) - ansible collection and utilities
Cloud Computer2.5 2.2 DPlatform VS Cloud Computer☁️ The Cloud Native Computer
Puffin2.4 0.0 L5 DPlatform VS Puffinlightweight webapp catalog based on containers, with user interface à la mobile app store
REI31.8 8.7 DPlatform VS REI3REI3 - the open application platform
#<Sawyer::Resource:0x00007fc98721c818>OS-NVR is a lightweight extensible CCTV system. Mirror of Codeberg.
CharjaBox1.5 0.0 DPlatform VS CharjaBoxAnsible based Homeserver setup using Docker
UBOS1.1 0.0 DPlatform VS UBOSFile bugs against this project for apps you'd like to see on UBOS
CloudronEffortlessly self-host web apps on your server.
yunohostA server operating system aiming to make self-hosting accessible to everyone.
FreedomBoxA community project to develop, design and promote personal servers running free software for private, personal, communications.
FLAPLow maintenance framework to manage self-hosted services.
arkOSInstall arkOS to a dedicated device and host your own websites, email, files and more.
HomelabOSYour very own offline-first privacy-centric open-source data-center!
Static code analysis for 29 languages.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of DPlatform or a related project?
deprecated in favor of dppm
The main reasons of this are to improve maintainability, stability and add new features.
Discover DPlatform-DockerShip - The Docker version of DPlatform
DPlatform helps you to easily install applications and manage them.
Quickly get your own Cloud Storage, Chat, CMS Website, Feed Reader or VPN. No complex commands or configurations required, simply access to your freshly installed application at the displayed URL. Deploy applications/services easily to your server, and turn it, even a cheap Raspberry Pi, to a cloud platform.
- Install applications easily
- Manage Apps Services - systemd services integration: view apps services status, one click start/stop, auto-start at boot and auto-restart if down unexpectively
- Update/Remove installed apps simply with two clicks
- Chose the network accessibility of your app - Internet public access or local access
- Change your hostname
- Determine your IPv4, IPv6, LocalIP and your hostname
Simplicity: Easy automated installation. Manage your applications simply through an UI
Lightness: Keep as light and close as a manual installation. No Docker required
Independence: Full control of your apps. Independence of installed apps from any third party service, including DPlatform
Freedom: Free and Open Source applications. DPlatform is a MIT licensed project
Security: One user is created per app. Severals use encryption and reverse-proxying
- Rocket.Chat - The Ultimate Open Source WebChat Platform
- Gogs - Gogs(Go Git Service), a painless self-hosted Git Service
- Syncthing - Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
- OpenVPN - Open source secure tunneling VPN daemon - use nyr/openvpn-install and PiVPN
- Mumble - Voicechat utility
- Seafile - Cloud storage with file encryption and group sharing - MariaDB version deployed thanks to seafile-server-installer
- Mopidy - Mopidy plays music from local disk, Spotify, SoundCloud, Google Play Music, and more - With Mopify - Web Client for Mopidy Music Server and the Pi MusicBox
- FreshRSS - A free, self-hosted RSS feed aggregator. Lightweight, easy to work with, powerful and customizable
- OwnCloud - Access & share your files, calendars, contacts, mail & more from any device, on your terms
- Nextcloud - Access, share and protect your files, calendars, contacts, communication & more at home and in your enterprise
- Agar.io Clone - Agar.io clone written with Socket.IO and HTML5 canvas
- Ajenti - Ajenti is a Linux & BSD web admin panel
- Cuberite - A Minecraft-compatible multiplayer game server that is written in C++ and designed to be efficient with memory and CPU
- Deluge with WebUI - A lightweight, Free Software, cross-platform BitTorrent client
- Dillinger - A cloud-enabled, mobile-ready, offline-storage, AngularJS powered HTML5 Markdown editor
- Droppy - A self-hosted file storage server with a file manager like interface that have in browser file editing and media view
- EtherCalc - Web spreadsheet, Node.js port of Multi-user SocialCalc
- EtherDraw - A real time collaborative drawing tool using nodejs, socket.io & paper.js
- Etherpad - Real-time collaborative document editor
- Gate One - Gate One is an HTML5-powered terminal emulator and SSH client
- Gitea - Git with a cup of tea - A painless self-hosted Git service
- GitLab CE - Open source Version Control to collaborate on code
- Ghost - Simple and powerful blogging/publishing platform
- Jitsi Meet - Secure, Simple and Scalable Video Conferences
- JS Bin - An open source collaborative web development debugging tool
- KeystoneJS - Node.js CMS & Web Application Platform
- Let's Chat - Self-hosted chat app for small teams
- Linx - Self-hosted file/code/media sharing website
- Cloud9 - Cloud9 3.0 SDK for Plugin Development
- Curvytron - A web multiplayer Tron-like game with curves
- Caddy - Fast, cross-platform HTTP/2 web server with automatic HTTPS
- Docker - Open container engine platform for distributed application
- Mailpile - A free & open modern, fast email client with user-friendly encryption and privacy features
- Mattermost - Open source, on-prem Slack-alternative
- Modoboa - Mail hosting made simple - Deployed thanks to modoboa-installer
- MongoDB - The database for today’s applications: innovative, fast time-to-market, globally scalable, reliable, and inexpensive to operate
- netdata - A highly optimized Linux daemon providing real-time performance monitoring for Linux systems, Applications, SNMP devices, over the web!
- NodeBB - Node.js based community forum built for the modern web
- Node.js - Install Node.js with NodeSource(root) or nvm(non-root)
- TheLounge - The self-hosted web IRC client
- StackEdit - A full-featured, open-source Markdown editor based on PageDown.
- Taiga.io - Agile, Free and Open Source Project Management Platform
- Transmission with WebInterface - A cross-platform BitTorrent client that is open source and designed for easy, powerful use
- Webmin - A web-based interface for system administration for Unix - With the Authentic theme
- Wide - Web-based IDE for Teams using Go(lang)
- WordPress - Web software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app - Installed thanks WP Quick Install
(WordPress) Calypso - A single interface built for reading, writing, and managing all of your WordPress sites in one place +A mystery
- (deprecated until Node.js 4+ support) Wekan - Collaborative Trello-like kanban board application
To begin with DPlatform, run this command:
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DFabric/DPlatform-ShellCore/master/init.sh | sudo sh
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DFabric/DPlatform-ShellCore/master/init.sh | sudo sh
The prerequisites will be installed and the DPlatform git project cloned for you.
Next times, to run DPlatform:
sudo sh init.sh
Not recommended because no auto-updates, but you can still run directly
A recent GNU/Linux operating system with systemd is recommended, lots of apps have custom systemd services.
Debian 8/9, and derivatives like Ubuntu 16.04 and Raspbian Jessie. Full support, well tested
CentOS 7, Fedora and other RHEL derivatives. Good support, not fully tested
Arch Linux. Partial support, not tested
Older distributions like Ubuntu 14.04.x, Debian 7 and Centos 6 have also a partial support, but you will only be able to install applications and not be able to use systemd services provided by DPlatform.
You can try switch to it instead of the default SysVinit/Upstart to be able to use them.
CPU: x86, x86-64, ARMv[6,7,8]
Development is active. Please feel free to open an issue and create a pull request, all contributions are welcome!
Each app have its own dedicated user, most their own
If you want to contribute, you should see CONTRIBUTING.md
Contributors - Special thanks
DPlatform - Deploy self-hosted apps easily
Copyright (c) 2015-2017 Julien Reichardt - MIT License (MIT)
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the DPlatform README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.