ejabberd alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "XMPP Servers" category.
Alternatively, view ejabberd alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.0 8.9 L1 ejabberd VS OpenfireAn XMPP server licensed under the Open Source Apache License.
6.6 9.5 ejabberd VS MongooseIMMongooseIM is Erlang Solutions' robust, scalable and efficient XMPP server, aimed at large installations. Specifically designed for enterprise purposes, it is fault-tolerant and can utilise the resources of multiple clustered machines.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ejabberd or a related project?
There are several ways to install ejabberd:
- Source code: compile yourself, see [COMPILE](COMPILE.md)
- Installers from ejabberd GitHub Releases (run/deb/rpm for x64 and arm64)
- Container image from ejabberd Docker Hub, see ecs README (for x64)
- Container image from ejabberd Github Packages, see [CONTAINER](CONTAINER.md) (for x64 and arm64)
- Using your Operating System package
- Using the Homebrew package manager
Please check the ejabberd Docs website.
When compiling from source code, you can get some help with:
./configure --help make help
Once ejabberd is installed, try:
ejabberdctl help man ejabberd.yml
Bug reports and features are tracked using GitHub Issues, please check [CONTRIBUTING](CONTRIBUTING.md) for details.
Documentation for developers is available in ejabberd docs: Developers.
Security reports or concerns should preferably be reported privately, please send an email to the address: contact [at] process-one [dot] net or some other method from ProcessOne Contact.
There are several places to get in touch with other ejabberd developers and administrators:
ejabberd is released under the GNU General Public License v2 (see [COPYING](COPYING.md)), and ejabberd translations under MIT License.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the ejabberd README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.