FreeIPA alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "FreeRADIUS" category.
Alternatively, view FreeIPA alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
daloRADIUS5.2 0.0 L3 FreeIPA VS daloRADIUSdaloRADIUS is an advanced RADIUS web management application aimed at managing hotspots and general-purpose ISP deployments. It features user management, graphical reporting, accounting, a billing engine and integrates with GoogleMaps for geo-locating.
OSIAM3.9 0.0 L2 FreeIPA VS OSIAMOpen Source Identity and Access Management implementing OAuth 2.0 and SCIMv2.
IndieAuth2.9 0.0 L5 FreeIPA VS IndieAuthThis service is being discontinued in favor of indielogin.com
Libravatar1.6 0.0 L4 FreeIPA VS LibravatarLibravatar is a service which delivers your avatar
OpenID/OpenID ConnectA Simple Identity layer on top of OAuth 2.0.
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of FreeIPA or a related project?
FreeIPA allows Linux administrators to centrally manage identity, authentication and access control aspects of Linux and UNIX systems by providing simple to install and use command line and web based management tools.
FreeIPA is built on top of well known Open Source components and standard protocols with a very strong focus on ease of management and automation of installation and configuration tasks.
FreeIPA can seamlessly integrate into an Active Directory environment via cross-realm Kerberos trust or user synchronization.
- Allows all your users to access all the machines with the same credentials and security settings
- Allows users to access personal files transparently from any machine in an authenticated and secure way
- Uses an advanced grouping mechanism to restrict network access to services and files only to specific users
- Allows central management of security mechanisms like passwords, SSH Public Keys, SUDO rules, Keytabs, Access Control Rules
- Enables delegation of selected administrative tasks to other power users
- Integrates into Active Directory environments
The FreeIPA project provides unified installation and management tools for the following components:
- LDAP Server - based on the 389 project
- KDC - based on MIT Kerberos implementation
- PKI based on Dogtag project
- Samba libraries for Active Directory integration
- DNS Server based on BIND and the Bind-DynDB-LDAP plugin
Releases, announcements and other information can be found on the IPA server project page at http://www.freeipa.org/ .
The most up-to-date documentation can be found at http://freeipa.org/page/Documentation .
To get started quickly, start here: http://www.freeipa.org/page/Quick_Start_Guide
- Building FreeIPA from source
- See the BUILD.txt file in the source root directory
Please see the file called COPYING.
- If you want to be informed about new code releases, bug fixes, security fixes, general news and information about the IPA server subscribe to the freeipa-announce mailing list at https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-interest/ .
- If you have a bug report please submit it at: https://pagure.io/freeipa/issues
- If you want to participate in actively developing IPA please subscribe to the freeipa-devel mailing list at https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/[email protected]/ or join us in IRC at <irc://irc.libera.chat/freeipa>