A privacy-first, open-source home assistant
The Project • Getting Started • Contributing • Support Financially • Links • Copyright & License
Gladys is a home assistant who helps you in your everyday life.
Like a kind of JARVIS!
Gladys is connected to all your devices in your home. She is connected to your calendars and tons of API to help you.
But let's pick an example:
- It's 8 AM. Gladys wakes you up automatically because she knows that you need to be at work at 9 AM, and that according to the traffic, you'll need 30min to go to work with your car. She knows that you like 30 min to get ready. She wakes you up with a soft progressive warm light thanks to your Philips Hue, and puts a nice music in your room.
- It's 8.10 AM, Gladys detects thanks to a motion sensor that you are getting out of bed. She immediately starts the wake-up scenario : she tells the coffee machine to prepare the coffee, and opens the blinds.
- At 8.30 AM, you leave the house. Gladys detects thanks to your smartphone that you are not at home anymore, and shuts down everything inside.
- At 6.30 PM, you are getting back home : Everything is ready when you arrive. You are going to sleep, so you simply put your phone on your nightstand where a NFC tag is sticked. It immediately sends a request to Gladys to tell here you are going to sleep. She starts the "Going to sleep" scenario, and turns off all lights.
This is just a simple scenario, possibilities with Gladys are just endless. Don't hesitate to suggest yours 😉
Right now we are migrating from Gladys 3 to Gladys 4, a new release rewrote from scratch. If you want to install Gladys 3, visit our website.
To install Gladys 4 Alpha, read the following instructions.
We use Docker to deploy Gladys 4, so it's easy to install it on any system.
On a Raspberry Pi
Read our tutorial: Install Gladys 4 on a Raspberry Pi
Read our tutorial: Install Gladys 4 on MacOS/Windows
Pull requests are welcomed!
Read Contributing.md for more details.
My name is Pierre-Gilles Leymarie, I founded Gladys Assistant in 2013 and recently I decided to work almost full-time on open-source.
It's only thanks to donation from the community that my open-source work is sustainable.
To support the project, you can:
- Support monthly, 9.99€/month with the Gladys Community Package.
- Donate with Bitcoin: 3KQiX1FtbdXLXPH9UfLSyuzRMDRGY52EiA
Copyright & License
Copyright (c) 2013-2019 Gladys Assistant - Released under the Apache 2.0 License.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Gladys README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.