Avg Release Cycle
121 days ago
- 💻 Issue #1701. Share modal: Override UI theme via URL param for Share link, rendered panel, or embedded panel
- Issue #1660. OAuth: Specify allowed email address domains for google or and github oauth logins
- Issue #1649. HTTP API: grafana /render calls nows with api keys
- ⏱ Issue #1667. Data source proxy & session timeout fix (caused 401 Unauthorized error after a while)
- Issue #1707. Unsaved changes: Do not show for snapshots, scripted and file based dashboards
- Issue #1703. Unsaved changes: Do not show for users with role
- 🛠 Issue #1675. Data source proxy: Fixed issue with Gzip enabled and data source proxy
- 🛠 Issue #1681. MySQL session: fixed problem using mysql as session store
- 0️⃣ Issue #1671. Data sources: Fixed issue with changing default data source (should not require full page load to take effect, now fixed)
- Issue #1685. Search: Dashboard results should be sorted alphabetically
- 🛠 Issue #1673. Basic auth: Fixed issue when using basic auth proxy infront of Grafana
v2.0.0-Beta1 ChangesMarch 30, 2015
📚 Grafana 2.x is fundamentally different from 1.x; it now ships with an integrated backend server. Please read the Documentation for more detailed about this SIGNIFICANT change to Grafana
🆕 New features
- Issue #1623. Share Dashboard: Dashboard snapshot sharing (dash and data snapshot), save to local or save to public snapshot dashboard snapshots.raintank.io site
- 🌐 Issue #1622. Share Panel: The share modal now has an embed option, gives you an iframe that you can use to embed a single graph on another web site
- ⚠ Issue #718. Dashboard: When saving a dashboard and another user has made changes in between the user is prompted with a warning if he really wants to overwrite the other's changes
- Issue #1331. Graph & Singlestat: New axis/unit format selector and more units (kbytes, Joule, Watt, eV), and new design for graph axis & grid tab and single stat options tab views
- Issue #1241. Timepicker: New option in timepicker (under dashboard settings), to change
nowto be for example
now-1m, useful when you want to ignore last minute because it contains incomplete data
- Issue #171. Panel: Different time periods, panels can override dashboard relative time and/or add a time shift
- 👯 Issue #1488. Dashboard: Clone dashboard / Save as
- Issue #1458. User: persisted user option for dark or light theme (no longer an option on a dashboard)
- Issue #452. Graph: Adds logarithmic scale option for base 10, base 16 and base 1024
- 👍 Issue #1366. Graph & Singlestat: Support for additional units, Fahrenheit (°F) and Celsius (°C), Humidity (%H), kW, watt-hour (Wh), kilowatt-hour (kWh), velocities (m/s, km/h, mpg, knot)
- 👍 Issue #978. Graph: Shared tooltip improvement, can now support metrics of different resolution/intervals
- Issue #1297. Graphite: Added cumulative and minimumBelow graphite functions
- Issue #1296. InfluxDB: Auto escape column names with special characters. Thanks @steven-aerts
- Issue #1321. SingleStatPanel: You can now use template variables in pre & postfix
- 👍 Issue #599. Graph: Added right y axis label setting and graph support
- Issue #1253. Graph & Singlestat: Users can now set decimal precision for legend and tooltips (override auto precision)
- Issue #1255. Templating: Dashboard will now wait to load until all template variables that have refresh on load set or are initialized via url to be fully loaded and so all variables are in valid state before panels start issuing metric requests.
- 🏷 Issue #1344. OpenTSDB: Alias patterns (reference tag values), syntax is: $tag_tagname or [[tag_tagname]]
- Issue #1298. InfluxDB: Fix handling of empty array in templating variable query
- 🛠 Issue #1309. Graph: Fixed issue when using zero as a grid threshold
- 💻 Issue #1345. UI: Fixed position of confirm modal when scrolled down
- Issue #1372. Graphite: Fix for nested complex queries, where a query references a query that references another query (ie the #[A-Z] syntax)
- Issue #1363. Templating: Fix to allow custom template variables to contain white space, now only splits on ','
- Issue #1359. Graph: Fix for all series tooltip showing series with all null values when
Hide Emptyoption is enabled
- 🛠 Issue #1497. Dashboard: Fixed memory leak when switching dashboards
- Dashboard title change & save will no longer create a new dashboard, it will just change the title.
OpenTSDB breaking change
- Issue #1438. OpenTSDB: Automatic downsample interval passed to OpenTSDB (depends on timespan and graph width)
- 0️⃣ NOTICE, Downsampling is now enabled by default, so if you have not picked a downsample aggregator in your metric query do so or your graphs will be misleading
- This will make Grafana a lot quicker for OpenTSDB users when viewing large time spans without having to change the downsample interval manually.
- ⚡️ Issue #1311. Tech: Updated Font-Awesome from 3.2 to 4.2
v1.9.1 ChangesDecember 29, 2014
- Issue #1028. Graph: New legend option
hideEmtpyto hide series with only null values from legend
- 👍 Issue #1242. OpenTSDB: Downsample query field now supports interval template variable
- 👍 Issue #1126. InfluxDB: Support more than 10 series name segments when using alias
- Issue #1251. Graph: Fix for y axis and scaled units (GiB etc) caused rounding, for example 400 GiB instead of 378 GiB
- Issue #1199. Graph: fix for series tooltip when one series is hidden/disabled
- Issue #1207. Graphite: movingAverage / movingMedian parameter type impovement, now handles int and interval parameter
- Issue #1028. Graph: New legend option
v1.9.0 ChangesDecember 02, 2014
- Issue #1130. SinglestatPanel: Added null point handling, and value to text mapping
- 🛠 Issue #1087. Panel: Fixed IE9 crash due to angular drag drop
- 🛠 Issue #1093. SingleStatPanel: Fixed position for drilldown link tooltip when dashboard requires scrolling
- Issue #1095. DrilldownLink: template variables in params property was not interpolated
- Issue #1114. Graphite: Lexer fix, allow equal sign (=) in metric paths
- Issue #1136. Graph: Fix to legend value Max and negative values
- 🛠 Issue #1150. SinglestatPanel: Fixed absolute drilldown link issue
- ↪ Issue #1123. Firefox: Workaround for Firefox bug, caused input text fields to not be selectable and not have placeable cursor
- Issue #1108. Graph: Fix for tooltip series order when series draw order was changed with zindex property
v1.9.0-rc1 ChangesNovember 17, 2014
💻 UI Improvements
- 💻 Issue #770. UI: Panel dropdown menu replaced with a new panel menu
- Issue #877. Graph: Smart auto decimal precision when using scaled unit formats
- Issue #850. Graph: Shared tooltip that shows multiple series & crosshair line, thx @toni-moreno
- 💅 Issue #940. Graph: New series style override option "Fill below to", useful to visualize max & min as a shadow for the mean
- Issue #1030. Graph: Legend table display/look changed, now includes column headers for min/max/avg, and full width (unless on right side)
- Issue #861. Graph: Export graph time series data as csv file
🆕 New Panels
- Issue #951. SingleStat: New singlestat panel
- Issue #864. Panel: Share panel feature, get a link to panel with the current time range
- 🔌 Issue #938. Panel: Plugin panels now reside outside of app/panels directory
- Issue #952. Help: Shortcut "?" to open help modal with list of all shortcuts
- Issue #991. ScriptedDashboard: data source services are now available in scripted dashboards, you can query data source for metric keys, generate dashboards, and even save them in a scripted dashboard (see scripted_gen_and_save.js for example)
- Issue #1041. Panel: All panels can now have links to other dashboards or absolute links, these links are available in the panel menu.
- 0️⃣ Issue #1007. Graph: Series hide/show toggle changed to be default exclusive, so clicking on a series name will show only that series. (SHIFT or meta)+click will toggle hide/show.
- Issue #930. OpenTSDB: Adding counter max and counter reset value to open tsdb query editor, thx @rsimiciuc
- 👍 Issue #917. OpenTSDB: Templating support for OpenTSDB series name and tags, thx @mchataigner
- 👍 Issue #714. InfluxDB: Support for sub second resolution graphs
- Issue #925. Graph: bar width calculation fix for some edge cases (bars would render on top of each other)
- Issue #505. Graph: fix for second y axis tick unit labels wrapping on the next line
- Issue #987. Dashboard: Collapsed rows became invisible when hide controls was enabled
v1.8.1 ChangesSeptember 30, 2014
- Issue #855. Graph: Fix for scroll issue in graph edit mode when dropdown goes below screen
- Issue #847. Graph: Fix for series draw order not being the same after hiding/unhiding series
- Issue #851. Annotations: Fix for annotations not reloaded when switching between 2 dashboards with annotations
- 👀 Issue #846. Edit panes: Issue when open row or json editor when scrolled down the page, unable to scroll and you did not see editor
- 🛠 Issue #840. Import: Fixes to import from json file and import from graphite. Issues was lingering state from previous dashboard.
- Issue #859. InfluxDB: Fix for bug when saving dashboard where title is the same as slugified url id
- 🛠 Issue #852. White theme: Fixes for hidden series legend text and disabled annotations color
v1.8.0 ChangesSeptember 22, 2014
🚀 Read this blog post for an overview of all improvements.
- Issue #802. Annotations: Fix when using InfluxDB data source
- Issue #795. Chrome: Fix for display issue in chrome beta & chrome canary when entering edit mode
- Issue #818. Graph: Added percent y-axis format
- Issue #828. Elasticsearch: saving new dashboard with title equal to slugified url would cause it to deleted.
- Issue #830. Annotations: Fix for elasticsearch annotations and mapping nested fields
v1.8.0-RC1 ChangesSeptember 12, 2014
💅 UI polish / changes
- 💅 Issue #725. UI: All modal editors are removed and replaced by an edit pane under menu. The look of editors is also updated and polished. Search dropdown is also shown as pane under menu and has seen some UI polish.
Filtering/Templating feature overhaul
- Filtering renamed to Templating, and filter items to variables
- 💻 Filter editing has gotten its own edit pane with much improved UI and options
- 0️⃣ Issue #296. Templating: Can now retrieve variable values from a non-default data source
- Issue #219. Templating: Template variable value selection is now a typeahead autocomplete dropdown
- Issue #760. Templating: Extend template variable syntax to include \$variable syntax replacement
- Issue #234. Templating: Interval variable type for time intervals summarize/group by parameter, included "auto" option, and auto step counts option.
- Issue #262. Templating: Ability to use template variables for function parameters via custom variable type, can be used as parameter for movingAverage or scaleToSeconds for example
- Issue #312. Templating: Can now use template variables in panel titles
- 👍 Issue #613. Templating: Full support for InfluxDB, filter by part of series names, extract series substrings, nested queries, multiple where clauses!
- Template variables can be initialized from url, with var-my_varname=value, breaking change, before it was just my_varname.
- 🚀 Templating and url state sync has some issues that are not solved for this release, see Issue #772 for more details.
InfluxDB Breaking changes
- 👍 To better support templating, fill(0) and group by time low limit some changes has been made to the editor and query model schema
- Currently some of these changes are breaking
- ⚡️ If you used custom condition filter you need to open the graph in edit mode, the editor will update the schema, and the queries should work again
- ⚡️ If you used a raw query you need to remove the time filter and replace it with \$timeFilter (this is done automatically when you switch from query editor to raw query, but old raw queries needs to updated)
- 🚚 If you used group by and later removed the group by the graph could break, open in editor and should correct it
- ⚡️ InfluxDB annotation queries that used [[timeFilter]] should be updated to use \$timeFilter syntax instead
- ⚡️ Might write an upgrade tool to update dashboards automatically, but right now master (1.8) includes the above breaking changes
InfluxDB query editor enhancements
- Issue #756. InfluxDB: Add option for fill(0) and fill(null), integrated help in editor for why this option is important when stacking series
- 👍 Issue #743. InfluxDB: A group by time option for all queries in graph panel that supports a low limit for auto group by time, very important for stacking and fill(0)
- The above to enhancements solves the problems associated with stacked bars and lines when points are missing, these issues are solved:
- Issue #673. InfluxDB: stacked bars missing intermediate data points, unless lines also enabled
- ✅ Issue #674. InfluxDB: stacked chart ignoring series without latest values
- Issue #534. InfluxDB: No order in stacked bars mode
🆕 New features and improvements
- 🏗 Issue #117. Graphite: Graphite query builder can now handle functions that multiple series as arguments!
- Issue #281. Graphite: Metric node/segment selection is now a textbox with autocomplete dropdown, allow for custom glob expression for single node segment without entering text editor mode.
- ⚡️ Issue #304. Dashboard: View dashboard json, edit/update any panel using json editor, makes it possible to quickly copy a graph from one dashboard to another.
- Issue #578. Dashboard: Row option to display row title even when the row is visible
- Issue #672. Dashboard: panel fullscreen & edit state is present in url, can now link to graph in edit & fullscreen mode.
- 💅 Issue #709. Dashboard: Small UI look polish to search results, made dashboard title link are larger
- 💅 Issue #425. Graph: New section in 'Display Styles' tab to override any display setting on per series bases (mix and match lines, bars, points, fill, stack, line width etc)
- 🛠 Issue #634. Dashboard: Dashboard tags now in different colors (from fixed palette) determined by tag name.
- 🚚 Issue #685. Dashboard: New config.js option to change/remove window title prefix.
- Issue #781. Dashboard: Title URL is now slugified for greater URL readability, works with both ES & InfluxDB storage, is backward compatible
- 👍 Issue #785. Elasticsearch: Support for full elasticsearch lucene search grammar when searching for dashboards, better async search
- Issue #787. Dashboard: time range can now be read from URL parameters, will override dashboard saved time range
- Issue #696. Graph: Fix for y-axis format 'none' when values are in scientific notation (ex 2.3e-13)
- Issue #733. Graph: Fix for tooltip current value decimal precision when 'none' axis format was selected
- 📜 Issue #697. Graphite: Fix for Glob syntax in graphite queries ([1-9] and ?) that made the query editor / parser bail and fallback to a text box.
- Issue #702. Graphite: Fix for nonNegativeDerivative function, now possible to not include optional first parameter maxValue
- Issue #277. Dashboard: Fix for timepicker date & tooltip when UTC timezone selected.
- Issue #699. Dashboard: Fix for bug when adding rows from dashboard settings dialog.
- Issue #723. Dashboard: Fix for hide controls setting not used/initialized on dashboard load
- Issue #724. Dashboard: Fix for zoom out causing right hand "to" range to be set in the future.
- ⬆️ Upgraded from angularjs 1.1.5 to 1.3 beta 17;
- Switch from underscore to lodash
- ✅ helpers to easily unit test angularjs controllers and services
- ✅ Test coverage through coveralls
- ✂ Upgrade from jquery 1.8.0 to 2.1.1 (Removes support for IE7 & IE8)
- 🛠 Issue #691. Dashboard: Tooltip fixes, sometimes they would not show, and sometimes they would get stuck.
- Issue #695. Dashboard: Tooltip on goto home menu icon would get stuck after clicking on it
v1.7.0 ChangesAugust 11, 2014
- Issue #652. Timepicker: Entering custom date range impossible when refresh is low (now is constantly reset)
- Issue #450. Graph: Tooltip does not disappear sometimes and would get stuck
- Issue #655. General: Auto refresh not initiated / started after dashboard loading
- 💻 Issue #657. General: Fix for refresh icon in IE browsers
- Issue #661. Annotations: Elasticsearch querystring with filter template replacements was not interpolated
- Issue #660. OpenTSDB: fix opentsdb queries that returned more than one series
- Issue #681. Dashboard: The panel error bar has been replaced with a small error indicator, this indicator does not change panel height and is a lot less intrusive. Hover over it for short details, click on it for more details.