Hasura alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "API Management" category.
Alternatively, view Hasura alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.9 9.2 Hasura VS Postwoman👽 Open source API development ecosystem - https://hoppscotch.io
8.9 9.4 Hasura VS TykTyk Open Source API Gateway written in Go, supporting REST, GraphQL, TCP and gRPC protocols
8.8 7.2 Hasura VS API PlatformCreate REST and GraphQL APIs, scaffold Jamstack webapps, stream changes in real-time.
8.2 7.8 Hasura VS KrakenDUltra performant API Gateway with middlewares. A project hosted at The Linux Foundation
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Hasura or a related project?
Hasura GraphQL Engine
Hasura is an open-source product that accelerates API development by 10x by giving you GraphQL or REST APIs with built-in authorization on your data, instantly.
[Hasura GraphQL Engine Demo](assets/demo.gif)
[Hasura GraphQL Engine Realtime Demo](assets/realtime.gif)
- Make powerful queries: Built-in filtering, pagination, pattern search, bulk insert, update, delete mutations
- Works with existing, live databases: Point it to an existing database to instantly get a ready-to-use GraphQL API
- Realtime: Convert any GraphQL query to a live query by using subscriptions
- Merge remote schemas: Access custom GraphQL schemas for business logic via a single GraphQL Engine endpoint. [Read more](remote-schemas.md).
- Extend with Actions: Write REST APIs to extend Hasura’s schema with custom business logic.
- Trigger webhooks or serverless functions: On Postgres insert/update/delete events ([read more](event-triggers.md))
- Scheduled Triggers: Execute custom business logic at specific points in time using a cron config or a one-off event.
- Fine-grained access control: Dynamic access control that integrates with your auth system (eg: auth0, firebase-auth)
- Admin UI & Migrations: Admin UI & Rails-inspired schema migrations
- Supported Databases: Supports PostgreSQL (and its flavors), MS SQL Server and Big Query. Support for more databases coming soon.
Table of contents
<!-- markdown-toc start - Don't edit this section. Run M-x markdown-toc-refresh-toc --> Table of Contents
- Client-side tooling
- Add business logic
- Support & Troubleshooting
- Stay up to date
- Brand assets
<!-- markdown-toc end -->
One-click deployment on Hasura Cloud
The fastest and easiest way to try Hasura out is via Hasura Cloud.
Click on the following button to deploy GraphQL engine on Hasura Cloud including Postgres add-on or using an existing Postgres database:
Open the Hasura console
Click on the button "Launch console" to open the Hasura console.
- Make your first GraphQL query
Create a table and instantly run your first query. Follow this simple guide.
Other one-click deployment options
Check out the instructions for the following one-click deployment options:
|Infra provider||One-click link||Additional information|
Other deployment methods
For Docker-based deployment and advanced configuration options, see deployment guides or [install manifests](install-manifests).
The Hasura GraphQL Engine fronts a Postgres database instance and can accept GraphQL requests from your client apps. It can be configured to work with your existing auth system and can handle access control using field-level rules with dynamic variables from your auth system.
You can also merge remote GraphQL schemas and provide a unified GraphQL API.
[Hasura GraphQL Engine architecture](assets/hasura-arch.svg)
Add business logic
GraphQL Engine provides easy-to-reason, scalable and performant methods for adding custom business logic to your backend:
Add custom resolvers in a remote schema in addition to Hasura's database-based GraphQL schema. Ideal for use-cases like implementing a payment API, or querying data that is not in your database - [read more](remote-schemas.md).
Actions are a way to extend Hasura’s schema with custom business logic using custom queries and mutations. Actions can be added to Hasura to handle various use cases such as data validation, data enrichment from external sources and any other complex business logic - read more
Trigger webhooks on database events
Add asynchronous business logic that is triggered based on database events. Ideal for notifications, data-pipelines from Postgres or asynchronous processing - [read more](event-triggers.md).
Derived data or data transformations
Transform data in Postgres or run business logic on it to derive another dataset that can be queried using GraphQL Engine - read more.
Check out all the example applications in the [community/sample-apps](community/sample-apps) directory.
Group Chat application built with React, includes a typing indicator, online users & new message notifications.
- Try it out
Live location tracking app that shows a running vehicle changing the current GPS coordinates moving on a map.
- Try it out
A real-time dashboard for data aggregations on continuously changing data.
- Try it out
- Add GraphQL to a self-hosted GitLab instance (3:44 mins)
- Todo app with Auth0 and GraphQL backend (4:00 mins)
- GraphQL on GitLab integrated with GitLab auth (4:05 mins)
- Dashboard for 10million rides with geo-location (PostGIS, Timescale) (3:06 mins)
Support & Troubleshooting
The documentation and community will help you troubleshoot most issues. If you have encountered a bug or need to get in touch with us, you can contact us using one of the following channels:
- Support & feedback: Discord
- Issue & bug tracking: GitHub issues
- Follow product updates: @HasuraHQ
- Talk to us on our website chat
We are committed to fostering an open and welcoming environment in the community. Please see the [Code of Conduct](code-of-conduct.md).
If you want to report a security issue, please [read this](SECURITY.md).
Stay up to date
We release new features every month. Sign up for our newsletter by using the link below. We send newsletters only once a month. https://hasura.io/newsletter/
Check out our [contributing guide](CONTRIBUTING.md) for more details.
Hasura brand assets (logos, the Hasura mascot, powered by badges etc.) can be found in the [assets/brand](assets/brand) folder. Feel free to use them in your application/website etc. We'd be thrilled if you add the "Powered by Hasura" badge to your applications built using Hasura. ❤️
<!-- For light backgrounds --> <a href="https://hasura.io"> <img width="150px" src="https://graphql-engine-cdn.hasura.io/img/powered_by_hasura_primary_darkbg.svg" /> </a> <!-- For dark backgrounds --> <a href="https://hasura.io"> <img width="150px" src="https://graphql-engine-cdn.hasura.io/img/powered_by_hasura_primary_lightbg.svg" /> </a>
The core GraphQL Engine is available under the Apache License 2.0 (Apache-2.0).
All other contents (except those in [
console](console) directories) are available under the [MIT License](LICENSE-community).
This includes everything in the [
docs](docs) and [
This readme is available in the following translations:
- [Japanese :jp:](translations/README.japanese.md) (:pray: @moksahero)
- [French :fr:](translations/README.french.md) (:pray: @l0ck3)
- [Bosnian :bosnia_herzegovina:](translations/README.bosnian.md) (:pray: @hajro92)
- [Russian :ru:](translations/README.russian.md) (:pray: @highflyer910)
- [Greek 🇬🇷](translations/README.greek.md) (:pray: @MIP2000)
- Spanish 🇲🇽(:pray: @ferdox2)
- [Indonesian :indonesia:](translations/README.indonesian.md) (:pray: @anwari666)
- [Brazilian Portuguese :brazil:](translations/README.portuguese_br.md) (:pray: @rubensmp)
- [German 🇩🇪](translations/README.german.md) (:pray: @FynnGrandke)
- [Chinese :cn:](translations/README.chinese.md) (:pray: @jagreetdg & @johnbanq)
- [Turkish :tr:](translations/README.turkish.md) (:pray: @berat)
- [Korean :kr:](translations/README.korean.md) (:pray: @라스크)
- [Italian :it:](translations/README.italian.md) (:pray: @befire)
Translations for other files can be found [here](translations).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Hasura README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.