gShort alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "URL Shorteners" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of gShort or a related project?
gShort is a URL shortener that you can selfhost or easily deploy to a PaaS. (Demo Site on Heroku)
- Password protected links
- One Time Links or any custom TTL
- Custom charset and length
- Optional reCAPTCHA v3
gShort requires a json configuration file, you can check the one that demo site uses here.
- Domain: The domain or IP where gShort will be accesed from. (Required)
- Port: The port where gShort will listen for incoming requests. (Required but can be overridden)
- Protocol: The protocol that users will use to access gShort. This is not the protocol that gShort will use, only HTTP is supported. Eg: If running on Heroku or behind a reverse proxy configured with SSL this should be HTTPS. (Required)
- SiteName: HTML Title of your page. (Required)
- TagLine: (Required)
- URI: Format
mongodb+srv://$USER:$PASSWORD@cluster1-agata.mongodb.net/(Required but can be overridden)
- DataBase: MongoDB Database to use. (Required but can be overridden)
- Collection: MongoDB Collection to use. (Required but can be overridden)
- Charset: Charset used when generating short URLs. (Required)
- Length: Length of the generated random strings. (Required)
- SiteKey: Google's reCAPTCHAv3 Key, if you don't have one of theese just leave it as
"". (Optional and can be overridden)
- SecretKey: Google's reCAPTCHAv3 Secret Key, if you don't have one of theese just leave it as
""(Optional and can be overridden)
Heroku (or other PaaS)
Deployment to Heroku should be pretty straightforward:
- Modify the example
- Set the following environment variables:
MongoDB_Collection MongoDB_Database MongoDB_URI ReCaptcha_SecretKey ReCaptcha_SiteKey
- Deploy master branch
## Getting Started (self Host) TODO
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the gShort README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.