gShort alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "URL Shorteners" category.
Alternatively, view gShort alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
YOURLS9.1 7.3 L2 gShort VS YOURLS🔗 The de facto standard self hosted URL shortener in PHP
Kutt.it8.6 0.0 gShort VS Kutt.itFree Modern URL Shortener.
Polr8.2 0.0 L4 gShort VS Polr:aerial_tramway: A modern, powerful, and robust URL shortener
Shlink6.3 8.3 gShort VS ShlinkThe definitive self-hosted URL shortener
Suri3.6 0.0 gShort VS SuriYour own link shortener that's easily deployed as a static site (for free)
devShort3.3 7.7 gShort VS devShortA simple and privacy-friendly URL shortener for web developers, admins and all professionals.
Lstu3.0 5.0 L3 gShort VS LstuLightweight URL shortener. Read-only mirror of https://framagit.org/fiat-tux/hat-softwares/lstu
Linkr2.5 0.0 gShort VS LinkrBeautiful, fast URL shortening.
url-shortener2.5 0.0 gShort VS url-shortenerShitty url shortener, emoji powered. 🌍✌🏼
shorturl2.3 3.9 gShort VS shorturlSelf hosted web app for shortening urls (URL shortener)
liteshort1.7 0.0 gShort VS liteshort[MOVED] User-friendly, actually lightweight, and configurable URL shortener
Simple-URL-Shortener1.6 0.0 gShort VS Simple-URL-Shortenerurl shortener written in php (with MySQL or SQLite) with history by users
reduc.io1.6 0.0 gShort VS reduc.io❱ 🐇 URL shortener service is written in Scala using Akka-Http and Redis ❰
schort1.6 0.0 gShort VS schortschort is a tiny link shortener written in python3 and flask
Purl1.5 0.0 L3 gShort VS PurlPurl (Petite URL) is an open source project with the goal of providing you with your own private URL shortener!
Simply Shorten1.4 5.7 gShort VS Simply ShortenA simple URL shortener that just shortens links.
shuri1.3 0.0 gShort VS shuriSimple url shortener script
ReducePy1.3 0.0 gShort VS ReducePyURL shortener service using Tornado and Redis runs on Docker and Kubernetes.
Link-shortener-bot1.0 0.0 gShort VS Link-shortener-botHost your own link shortener that works with a bot. Just send the link to a bot and it'll take care of the rest for you.
Clean code begins in your IDE with SonarLint
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of gShort or a related project?
gShort is a URL shortener that you can selfhost or easily deploy to a PaaS. (Demo Site on Heroku)
- Password protected links
- One Time Links or any custom TTL
- Custom charset and length
- Optional reCAPTCHA v3
gShort requires a json configuration file, you can check the one that demo site uses here.
- Domain: The domain or IP where gShort will be accesed from. (Required)
- Port: The port where gShort will listen for incoming requests. (Required but can be overridden)
- Protocol: The protocol that users will use to access gShort. This is not the protocol that gShort will use, only HTTP is supported. Eg: If running on Heroku or behind a reverse proxy configured with SSL this should be HTTPS. (Required)
- SiteName: HTML Title of your page. (Required)
- TagLine: (Required)
- URI: Format
mongodb+srv://$USER:[email protected]/(Required but can be overridden)
- DataBase: MongoDB Database to use. (Required but can be overridden)
- Collection: MongoDB Collection to use. (Required but can be overridden)
- Charset: Charset used when generating short URLs. (Required)
- Length: Length of the generated random strings. (Required)
- SiteKey: Google's reCAPTCHAv3 Key, if you don't have one of theese just leave it as
"". (Optional and can be overridden)
- SecretKey: Google's reCAPTCHAv3 Secret Key, if you don't have one of theese just leave it as
""(Optional and can be overridden)
Heroku (or other PaaS)
Deployment to Heroku should be pretty straightforward:
- Modify the example
- Set the following environment variables:
MongoDB_Collection MongoDB_Database MongoDB_URI ReCaptcha_SecretKey ReCaptcha_SiteKey
- Deploy master branch
## Getting Started (self Host) TODO
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the gShort README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.