🔖 Version 2.8 contains important security updates and the following new features:
- 🆕 NEW It is now possible create users one at a time, with or without inviting them.
- 🆕 NEW When creating tickets by API, you can now specify the CC and BCC for the new ticket.
- 🆕 NEW A new API for viewing and editing taggings has been added (thanks @schmidt)
- 🆕 NEW A honeypot (anti spam) feature was added to the new ticket form (thanks @schmidt)
- 🔄 CHANGE Assigning an agent no longer automatically marks the ticket as "pending".
- ⬆️ CHANGE The whitelist of allowable file attachments has been significantly changed and made more flexible (see upgrade notes below).
- 🛠 FIX A bug was fixed that displays the proper error message when a non supported file attachment is made in the web UI
- 🛠 FIX #1576 The right menu no longer gets stuck open when turbolinks is enabled
- 🛠 FIX #1581 Radio buttons are now properly aligned in the mobile responsive view of the Singular theme
⬆️ IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTES:
🚀 This release of Helpy includes a change to the way file attachments are handled. Previous versions used a default "whitelist" of file types where were allowed and was generally limited to the most common image and doc foramts.
🔧 This version adds configuration settings which can be modified by API that allow you to set your own whitelist of filetypes which should be allowed, or a blacklist of filetypes that should be rejected. In addition, the default whitelist has been removed, and Helpy now ships with a short blacklist of files that could be considered "risky." Files with these extensions are blacklisted by default:
'''ade, adp, apk, appx, appxbundle, bat, cab, chm, cmd, com, cpl, dll, dmg, exe, hta, ins, isp, iso, jar, js, jse, lib,
lnk, mde, msc, msi, msix, msixbundle, msp, mst, nsh, pif, ps1, scr, sct, .shb, sys, vb, vbe, vbs, vxd, wsc, wsf, wsh'''
NOTE: Do not provide values for both blacklist and whitelist, as they will conflict and it will be impossible for customers to attach files.
🚀 The 2.7 release of Helpy is here, with several great new features to help you better provide great customer support. There are also some severe security patches in gems and modules that Helpy relies on. It is highly recommended you update to 2.7 as soon as possible. See the UPGRADING.md file for more information.
- 🆕 New nested categories feature lets you create sub categories with a drag and drop UI to group and administer them.
- ⚡️ All open source themes are updated to support nested categories
- 🆕 New API setting for default reply type
- Site URL is now validated
🐛 Bug Fixes:
- Webhooks preference did not always save
- Customers list view does not always load
- 🛠 Fixed a bug that prevented logging in if ticketing, knowledge base and forums were all turned off
🚀 This release fixes several edge case bugs and adds a couple new API features and an all new Ukrainian language translation. Specifically:
🐛 Bug Fixes:
- Translated versions are now properly included in the search index #1375
- The CC address is now persisted if you change the assignment of a ticket while editing the reply #1387
- Agents can now create an unassigned ticket #1317
- 📄 A rare bug that docs unclickable on mobile has been resolved #1371
- A new endpoint has been added to get specifics of the currently logged in user #1242 @trevormerritt
- Categories can now be filtered by visibility (public/private/internal) #1269
- Forum topics now respect a limit param #1357 @elguitar
- The User entity is now included with topics and posts #1318
🚀 This release includes numerous security updates and should be installed as soon as possible. Make sure you run
bundle exec rake db:migrateas this release also includes a new feature for tracking the availability of agents that requires the addition of a new attribute to the User model.
Overall, this version includes:
- ➕ Added new status attribute to users to describe availability of agents
- ➕ Added new API endpoint for setting the availability of agents
- Scope assignment dropdowns to only include 'available' agents
- 👌 Improvement to the French translation
- 🛠 Fixed a bug with updating ticket views in version 2.5.0
- ⚡️ Updated many dependencies
🚀 This release adds important new functionality for managing incoming spam email tickets (particularly from parse webhook services such as Sendgrid or Mandrill). Two new settings have been added that use the spam assassin score provided by these providers to either block tickets outright, or filter them to the spam
⬆️ folder. In addition, dependencies have been upgraded.
- 🔦 Expose trash and Spam tickets navigation in the left ticketing nav
- ➕ Adds two settings to adjust how Helpy filters spam (when using Sendgrid, Mandrill, etc.)
- Stores the spam score of incoming emails in the Topic table
- Adds the ability to do bulk actions on all tickets matching a search
- ➕ Adds the option to "empty the trash", permanently deleting all messages in the trash
⚡️ See UPDATING.md for details on how to update.
🚀 This release fixes a bug in the way autosaving was handled.
- Autosave functionality improved
- ➕ Added a button to clear autosaved draft if present
- ✂ Removed autosave from KB editor
- ⚡️ Depenedencies updated
🚀 This release updates dependencies and fixes an issue with the docker container which prevented it from booting.
- ⚡️ Dependencies updated
- 🚑 Critical security update for Nokogiri
- 🛠 Fixed: Docker container would not boot
🚀 This release fixes a couple thing from the last release, in addition to updating some dependencies. Specifically:
- ⚡️ Resetting passwords works again- this was a regression with the update of Devise
- 🏷 Tags are now shown in alphabetical order- helpful if you have a large number
- 🏷 Tag management is now paginated- again helpful if you have a large number
- Some additional navigation was added into the knowledgebase editor
🔖 Version 2.4 is packed with some great new stuff to make your Helpy experience better than ever. It also includes some important security updates ⚡️ to the underlying software running Helpy and its recommended your update as soon as possible.
⚡️ Security Updates:
- ⚡️ Rails has been updated to 18.104.22.168
- ⚡️ Devise has been updated to 4.6.1
- ⚡️ Many other dependencies have been updated
🆕 New features, improvements and fixes:
- 🆕 New: tag manager for controlling tags through the admin settings.
- 🆕 New: Tag picker on the agent ticket view
- 🆕 New: Quick KB search when creating or responding to tickets to add links to articles
- 🆕 New: Autosave for ticket replies and knowledgebase article editor
- 🆕 New: A number of new settings have been added to customize how Helpy works.
- 🛠 Fixed: support email addresses are now removed from the CC field automatically
- 🛠 Fixed: Flash wrapper width reduced @cr0vy
- 🛠 Fixed: Widget mixed content issue with Google Fonts @karser
- 🐎 Optimizations: A number of optimizations have been made to improve performance
- ⚡️ Update: Email parsing has been improved, particularly for non English email
- ⚡️ Update: Onboarding has been moved to the unlogged-in state. This only affects new installs
- 🐳 Docker: Uploads folder made writable @sarke
🚀 This release includes a new theme contributed by the team at Seravo called "Nordic" (thanks @ottok, @elguitar, @simoke, @tlxo and anyone else I missed), along with a number of dependency updates, bug fixes, and improvements to the docker container. In addition ENV vars were added for remote file storage and database as a service (docker only) that should make it easier to work with Elastic Beanstalk/Kubernetes.
🛠 Full list of improvements and fixes:
- ⚡️ Dependency updates
- 🛠 Fix a bug which disabled validations for associated fields
- Prevent a 500 when a topic is missing a user_id (direct result of missing validation above)
- ✅ Resolved a lot of intermittent tests
- 🆕 New theme: Nordic
- Enable clicking outside keyboard shortcuts modal to close
- 👍 Conditional support for S3 compatible remote filestore using fog gem
- ⚡️ Updates to Docker container from @ypcs and adds