Node.js brings you incredible generating speed. Hundreds of files take only seconds to build.
All features of GitHub Flavored Markdown are supported. You can even use most Octopress plugins in Hexo.
You only need one command to deploy your site to GitHub Pages, Heroku or other sites.
Hexo has a powerful plugin system. You can install more plugins for Jade, CoffeeScript plugins.
Hexo alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Static Site Generators" category.
Alternatively, view Hexo alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
10.0 9.0 L5 Hexo VS Jekyll:globe_with_meridians: Jekyll is a blog-aware static site generator in Ruby
9.4 7.4 L2 Hexo VS PelicanStatic site generator that supports Markdown and reST syntax. Powered by Python.
6.4 7.7 L3 Hexo VS JBakeJava based open source static site/blog generator for developers & designers.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Hexo or a related project?
A fast, simple & powerful blog framework, powered by Node.js.
- Blazing fast generating
- Support for GitHub Flavored Markdown and most Octopress plugins
- One-command deploy to GitHub Pages, Heroku, etc.
- Powerful API for limitless extensibility
- Hundreds of themes & plugins
$ npm install hexo-cli -g
Setup your blog
$ hexo init blog $ cd blog
Start the server
$ hexo server
Create a new post
$ hexo new "Hello Hexo"
Generate static files
$ hexo generate
- Read the documentation
- Visit the Awesome Hexo list
- Find solutions in troubleshooting
- Join discussion on Google Group, Discord, Gitter or Telegram
- See the plugin list and the theme list on wiki
- Follow @hexojs for latest news
We welcome you to join the development of Hexo. Please see contributing document. 🤗
Also, we welcome PR or issue to official-plugins.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Hexo README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.