indico alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Conference Management" category
Create conference and event websites built on top of Drupal.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of indico or a related project?
- 🗓 a general-purpose event management tool;
- 🌍 fully web-based;
- 🧩 feature-rich but also extensible through the use of plugins;
- ⚖️ Open-Source Software under the MIT License;
- made at CERN, the place where the web was born!
What does it do?
Indico's main features are:
- a powerful and flexible hierarchical content management system for events;
- a full-blown conference organization workflow with:
- 📢 Call for Abstracts and abstract reviewing modules;
- 📝 flexible registration form creation and configuration;
- 💰 integration with existing payment systems;
- ✅ a paper reviewing workflow;
- 🗓 a drag and drop timetable management interface;
- 🎫 a simple badge editor with the possibility to print badges and tickets for participants;
- tools for meeting management and archival of presentation materials;
- a powerful room booking interface;
- integration with existing video conferencing solutions;
I just want to try it out!
We've got a Sandbox🧪!
These are the minimum versions of major browsers currently supported by Indico. We try to target all modern browsers as much as possible, but only issues detected on those will be considered at critical level.
<!-- BROWSERS - this is all machine-generated! Don't change it. --> | Firefox | Chrome | Safari | Edge | |:---------:|:---------:|:---------:|:---------:| | 66+ | 74+ | 12+ | 17+ |
However, if you have an issue with a browser on this list, please feel free to open a bug report. <!-- ENDBROWSERS -->
Indico is the result of the collective work of more than 100 different developers, translators and usability specialists of many nationalities. You can be the next one - read our Contribution Guide if you'd like to help out.
You don't need to know how to write code in order to help!
The full roadmap is available on the project site.
The main meeting points for the community are:
This software project was initially funded by the European Union's FP5 programme🇪🇺, in what was called the Integrated Digital Conferencing Project, or just InDiCo. CERN was responsible for the development of the "Make-a-Confererence" workpackage (inspired by an already existing system called CDS Agenda, also developed at the Organization) which would then become what we nowadays know as Indico.
We have since stopped using the
InDiCo acronym, as it no longer reflects accurately the nature of the project. The word Indico now has no particular meaning other than the product's name.
|Made at CERNTake part!|
In applying the MIT license, CERN does not waive the privileges and immunities granted to it by virtue of its status as an Intergovernmental Organization or submit itself to any jurisdiction.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the indico README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.