Invidious alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Video Streaming" category.
Alternatively, view Invidious alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.4 10.0 Invidious VS VideoLAN Client (VLC)VLC media player - All pull requests are ignored, please follow https://wiki.videolan.org/Sending_Patches_VLC/
9.0 2.0 Invidious VS StreamaSelf hosted streaming media server. https://docs.streama-project.com/
8.5 8.2 Invidious VS OwncastTake control over your live stream video by running it yourself. Streaming + chat out of the box.
8.3 9.9 L2 Invidious VS ZoneminderZoneMinder is a free, open source Closed-circuit television software application developed for Linux which supports IP, USB and Analog cameras.
8.0 0.0 L1 Invidious VS EmbyEmby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.
7.1 7.1 L4 Invidious VS RestreamerThe Restreamer is a complete streaming server solution for self-hosting. It has a visually appealing user interface and no ongoing license costs. Upload your live stream to YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Vimeo, or other streaming solutions like Wowza. Receive video data from OBS and publish it with the RTMP and SRT server.
5.9 6.0 Invidious VS MediaCMSMediaCMS is a modern, fully featured open source video and media CMS, written in Python/Django and React, featuring a REST API.
Darwin Streaming Server is Apple's open source version of the QuickTime Streaming Server technology allowing you to send streaming media across the Internet using the industry standard RTP and RTSP protocols.
4.3 7.2 L5 Invidious VS MistServerThe official mistserver source repository - www.mistserver.com
2.5 3.6 Invidious VS OblectoOblecto is a media server, which streams media you already own, and is designed to be at the heart of your entertainment experience. It runs on your home server to index and analyze your media such as Movies and TV Shows and presents them in an interface tailored for your media consupmtion needs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Invidious or a related project?
An open source alternative front-end to YouTube
Website • Instances list • FAQ • Documentation • Contribute • Donate
Chat with us:
- No ads
- No tracking
- Light/Dark themes
- Customizable homepage
- Subscriptions independent from Google
- Notifications for all subscribed channels
- Audio-only mode (with background play on mobile)
- Support for Reddit comments
- [Available in many languages](locales/), thanks to our translators
- Import subscriptions from YouTube, NewPipe and Freetube
- Import watch history from NewPipe
- Export subscriptions to NewPipe and Freetube
- Import/Export Invidious user data
- Embedded video support
- Developer API
- Does not use official YouTube APIs
- No Contributor License Agreement (CLA)
- Select a public instance from the list and start watching videos right now!
The full documentation can be accessed online at https://docs.invidious.io/
The documentation's source code is available in this repository: https://github.com/iv-org/documentation
We highly recommend the use of Privacy Redirect, a browser extension that automatically redirects Youtube URLs to any Invidious instance and replaces embedded youtube videos on other websites with invidious.
The documentation contains a list of browser extensions that we recommended to use along with Invidious.
You can read more here: https://docs.invidious.io/applications/
- Fork it ( https://github.com/iv-org/invidious/fork ).
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature).
- Stage your files (
git add .).
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature').
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature).
- Create a new pull request ( https://github.com/iv-org/invidious/compare ).
We use Weblate to manage Invidious translations.
You can suggest new translations and/or correction here: https://hosted.weblate.org/engage/invidious/.
Creating an account is not required, but recommended, especially if you want to contribute regularly. Weblate also allows you to log-in with major SSO providers like Github, Gitlab, BitBucket, Google, ...
Projects using Invidious
- FreeTube: A libre software YouTube app for privacy.
- PeerTubeify: On YouTube, displays a link to the same video on PeerTube, if it exists.
- MusicPiped: A material design music player that streams music from YouTube.
- HoloPlay: Funny Android application connecting on Invidious API's with search, playlists and favorites.
- WatchTube: Powerful YouTube client for Apple Watch.
- Yattee: Alternative YouTube frontend for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
- TubiTui: A lightweight, libre, TUI-based YouTube client.
- Ytfzf: A posix script to find and watch youtube videos from the terminal. (Without API)
We take no responsibility for the use of our tool, or external instances provided by third parties. We strongly recommend you abide by the valid official regulations in your country. Furthermore, we refuse liability for any inappropriate use of Invidious, such as illegal downloading. This tool is provided to you in the spirit of free, open software.
You may view the LICENSE in which this software is provided to you [here](./LICENSE).
- Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MODIFIES AND/OR CONVEYS THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Invidious README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.