Joomla! alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Content Management Systems (CMS)" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Joomla! or a related project?
What is this?
- This is a Joomla! 3.x installation/upgrade package.
- Joomla's Official website.
- Joomla! 3.9 version history.
- Detailed changes are in the changelog.
What is Joomla?
- Joomla! is a Content Management System (CMS) which enables you to build websites and powerful online applications.
- It is a simple and powerful web server application which requires a server with PHP and either MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server to run. You can find full technical requirements here.
- Joomla! is free and Open Source software distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
Is Joomla! for you?
- Joomla! is the right solution for most content web projects.
- View Joomla's core features here.
- Try it out for yourself on our free hosting service.
How to find a Joomla! translation?
- Repository of accredited language packs.
- You can also add languages directly to your website via your Joomla! administration panel.
- Learn how to setup a Multilingual Joomla! Site
- Read 'Getting Started with Joomla!' to learn the basics.
- Before installing, read the 'Beginners' Guide'.
What are the benefits of Joomla?
- The functionality of a Joomla! website can be extended by installing extensions that you can create (or download) to suit your needs.
- There are many ready-made extensions that you can download and install.
- Check out the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED).
Is it easy to change the layout display?
- The layout is controlled by templates that you can edit.
- There are a lot of ready-made professional templates that you can download.
- Template management information is available here.
Ready to install Joomla?
- Check the minimum requirements.
- How do you install Joomla?
- You could start your Joomla! experience by building your site on a local test server. When ready, it can be moved to an online hosting account of your choice.
Updates are free!
- Always use the latest version.
Where can you get support and help?
- The Joomla! Documentation.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Find the information you need.
- Find help and other users.
- Post questions at our forums.
- Joomla Resources Directory (JRD).
Do you already have a Joomla! site that isn't built with Joomla! 3.x?
- What's new in Joomla! 3.x?
- What are the main differences between 2.5 and 3.x?
- How to migrate from 2.5.x to 3.x.
- How to migrate from 1.5.x to 3.x.
Do you want to improve Joomla?
- Where to request a feature?
- How do you report a bug on the Issue Tracker?
- Get Involved: Joomla! is community developed software. Join the community.
- Documentation for Developers.
- Documentation for Web designers.
- Copyright (C) 2005 - 2020 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
- Distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- See License details
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Joomla! README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.