Kandan alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Custom" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Kandan or a related project?
Kandan - Modern Open Source Chat
What is Kandan? Kandan is a private chat service for your company or team. You can invite colleagues to share ideas and files in a persistent group chat room or rooms.
Unlike HipChat or other alternatives, Kandan is completely Open Source and can be hosted internally or externally by your organization or by a third party.
These are features that work out of the box on any provider:
- Easy deploy to CloudFoundry, Heroku, dotCloud, etc.
- Collaborative team chat
- Unlimited channels
- Embed formats for images and youtube videos with requests for others (twitter, facebook, g+, etc.)
- Synchronized sound player - play any audio-tag compatible url for the whole channel (Pending :P)
- /me command!
- Highly extensible plugin format
- Your very own robotic companion
See DEPLOY.md for information on deploying.
We're tracking milestones and todo items in the tracker See the issue tracker
That's not a question, it's an order! Or more of a friendly offer, really. Kandan is a fully open-source app, so dive in and start adding features, fixing bugs (what bugs?), and cleaning up the code.
You can also email us at email@example.com
- Sacha Greif for his amazing design job and exacting implementation standards on Kandan. A wonder and a pleasure to work with.
- Andrew Hampton For the initial manual server install instructions.
- Akash Manohar J For some of the initial work on Kandan
- Thomas Risberg For the Cloud Foundry install instructions and compatibility fixes.
- and many other amazing contributors
Kandan's code and assets are dual-licensed. Kandan is available generally under the AGPL, and also under a custom license via special agreement. See LICENSE for the AGPL terms, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in development of Kandan under a custom license.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Kandan README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.