Kirby v3.5.0-rc.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-11-24 // about 2 years ago
🚀 This is a pre-release and probably not fully stable yet. Don't use in production unless you don't mind potential hick-ups. We really appreciate your help while testing this release candidate!
🆕 New Blocks Field
🏗 The Kirby Builder by Tim Ötting is one of the most popular plugins out there and together with Tim we decided to add it to the core 🎉
🔀 We've rewritten it from scratch and merged it with our popular Editor plugin. The new field is called Blocks and will eventually replace both plugins.
📄 During the RC phase, you can find docs and report issues for the blocks field here: https://github.com/getkirby/blocks
🆕 New Layouts field
🏗 Together with the new Blocks field we are also introducing a powerful new Layout field. Arrange blocks in multiple columns and build complex page layouts.
📄 During the RC phase, you can find docs and report issues for the layout field here: https://github.com/getkirby/blocks
🆕 New Date and Time fields
We've never been really happy with our date field and many of you weren't either. The new date and time fields are a joy to work with and open completely new ways to enter dates.
📄 Docs: TBD
🆕 New Writer field
You don't need the full power of the Blocks? Maybe just some inline HTML? Then the new Writer field is here for you. Create single-line HTML with formats like bold, italic, underline or links
fields: text: type: writer
🆕 New List field
As another spin-off of the Blocks field, we also added a new list field, which can be used if you need to create simple ordered or unordered lists in a more visual way than with Markdown.
fields: list: type: list
🔌 Password Reset, Password-less Login, 2FA and Auth Challenge Plugins
With 3.5 we are introducing major enhancements for our login flow.
🔒 You can now reset your password, login password-less via secure email verification code and even provide your own verification methods via auth challenge plugins. Combine this with the option to enable 2FA authentication to increase the security of your Panel.
📄 Docs: TBD
Redesigned Panel Search
The Panel search has been redesigned and now shows nice previews for pages, files and users.
🆕 New unsaved changes badge in tabs
Tabs now show unsaved changes with a new orange badge and the number of unsaved fields.
🆕 New unified title & slug dialog for pages
⚡️ Renaming a page title or changing the page URL is now done in the same dialog. With this simplified workflow you can instantly see when your Page title and slug no longer matches and need to be updated.
🆕 New page status icons
Our page status icons are now accessible with distinctive forms that no longer challenge people with color blindness.
More new features
- ➕ Added
- It's now possible to pass
$kirby->impersonate()to switch to a user without permissions.
- 🆕 New
- Interval handling for the calendar component
- 🆕 New UI kit components
- New dialogs to sort pages and files
- New help option for headline and info fields
- 🆕 New icons
- 🆕 New
logsroot (https://kirby.nolt.io/122) #2875
- ⚡️ Updated translations
- 👌 Support for hashes in router links #2941
- 👍 Better structure field preview for date + time field
- Accidental writes when sorting collections are now blocked #2475
- ✨ Enhanced typography in the info text of files and pages sections
- 👍 Email: Support global debugging
- The template in the page creation dialog is only shown if there's more than one option
- The dropdown in the files field now opens automatically when you click on an empty files field
- 👍 Callback support for
$helper.string.templatesupports array length and is now case insensitive
- Unified Collection methods (filter, sort, group)
- Kirby\Cms\App: Option to create a local-only instance #2555
- 🆕 New Locale class for PHP locale handling and consistent locale formats in locale option #2893
- 👍 Better README.md and CONTRIBUTING.md
- ⚡️ Updated JS dependencies
- ➕ additional Japanese slug rules
- 🛠 Core session keys are now prefixed with
- 👍 Better error messages in the login form when debug mode is enabled
k-emptycomponent is now automatically converted to a button if there's a click handler.
- Concurrent sort API calls are now prevented #2863
- ✅ Faster unit tests
- ✅ We are now using Cypress for frontend tests
💥 Breaking changes
🚚 The following methods have been marked as deprecated since Kirby 3.0.0 and are now removed:
🗄 Deprecated methods
⚡️ Deprecated methods are only marked as deprecated for now and will be removed in a future version. Please update your code accordingly if you still use the deprecated methods.
🐛 Bug fixes
- 🛠 Fixed translation / slug rule loading #2230
- 🛠 Fixed disappearing topbar on custom view routes #2932
- 🛠 Fixed broken error messages for required fields #2917
- 🛠 Fixed pagination error in Structure field when duplicating items
- 🛠 Fixed item index on delete for structure field #2887
- 🛠 Fixed sorting in the files section when the section is not sortable #2690
- 🔌 Panel views can be replaced in your plugins again #2506
- 🔌 You can extend nested Vue components in your plugins #1438
- ➕ Added