Kiwi IRC alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "IRC" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Kiwi IRC or a related project?
A versatile web based messenger using IRC
- 100% static files. Host with your favourite web server or a CDN
- For single networks, bouncer hosts, or a personal generic IRC client that remembers your networks
- Works out of the box with a default IRC network - or use your own
- Single or multiple IRC network connections
- Multiple layouts for small areas or full page layouts
- Light and dark modes
- Desktop notifications
- Extremely versatile via a single JSON config file at runtime
- Themable and rich plugin support such as file uploading and video calling
- Team mode for workplaces
- Directly to a websocket IRC server
- Connect via the webircgateway websocket proxy for normal IRC servers
- Stay connected with KiwiBNC
Installing Kiwi IRC
If you just want to embed an IRC client on your website, you can generate a custom client hosted by kiwiirc.com using the simple client builder, https://kiwiirc.com/clientbuilder/
To install Kiwi IRC on your own server, pre-built and ready to use installers can be found at the downloads page, https://kiwiirc.com/downloads/
Building from source
Before you can build or start to develop on Kiwi IRC, make sure to have the following installed on your system:
Building for production
# Install dependencies $ yarn install # Build Kiwi IRC into the dist/ folder $ yarn run build
Note: Be sure to copy the files from the
dist/ folder to your webserver! This folder will be overwritten each time it is built.
Kiwi IRC is built using Vuejs, webpack and babel.
# Install dependencies yarn install # Optionally link git pre-commit linting hooks ln -s $PWD/scripts/pre-commit .git/hooks/ # A development web server with hot reloading at http://localhost:8080/ yarn run dev
Note: Do not use this development environment on your live website. It is slow, very large, and unsecure.
By default, the client will load the /static/config.json file on startup which contains the runtime configuration. When running in the development environment this can be found at [static/config.json](static/config.json)
Kiwi IRC is tested on all modern browsers and IE11. Other browsers are not actively tested and may have trouble running Kiwi IRC.
- Chrome Mobile (Android)
- Safari 9+