Kutt.it alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "URL Shorteners" category.
Alternatively, view Kutt.it alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.1 8.3 L2 Kutt.it VS YOURLS🔗 Y̲our O̲wn U̲R̲L̲ S̲hortener - the 𝑑𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑜 standard self hosted URL shortener in PHP
1.7 1.3 Kutt.it VS reduc.io❱ 🐇 URL shortener service is written in Scala using Akka-Http and Redis ❰
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Kutt.it or a related project?
Kutt is a modern URL shortener with support for custom domains. Shorten URLs, manage your links and view the click rate statistics.
Contributions and bug reports are welcome.
Migration from v1
The new version of Kutt is here. In version 2, we used TypeScript and we moved from Neo4j to PostgreSQL database in favor of performance and we're working on adding new features.
If you're coming from v1, refer to [MIGRATION.md](MIGRATION.md) to migrate data from Neo4j to PostgreSQL.
Table of Contents
- Free and open source.
- Custom domain support.
- Custom URLs for shortened links
- Set password for links.
- Set description for links.
- Expiration time for links.
- Private statistics for shortened URLs.
- View, edit, delete and manage your links.
- Admin account to view, delete and ban links.
- Ability to disable registration and anonymous link creation for private use.
- RESTful API.
- Node (Web server)
- Express (Web server framework)
- Passport (Authentication)
- React (UI library)
- Next (Universal/server-side rendered React)
- Easy Peasy (State management)
- styled-components (CSS styling solution library)
- Recharts (Chart library)
- PostgreSQL (database)
- Redis (Cache layer)
- Clone this repository or download the latest zip.
.envand fill it properly (see below).
- Install dependencies:
- Run for development:
npm run dev.
- Run for production:
npm run buildthen
- Download the
.envand fill it properly (see below).
- To execute Kutt you simply have to run
docker-compose up -dcommand and then the app should be ready on port "3000".
docker-compose.yml uses the official kutt docker image available on Docker Hub.
For the minimal configuration the following settings have to be changed in the
- DEFAULT_DOMAIN: The domain of your kutt instance
- DB_: The DB credentials (when you use docker-compose you can skip these)
- ADMIN_EMAILS: A comma-separated list of the administrator-accounts
- RECAPTCHA_: Enter your credentials to use reCaptchas or delete this setting if you don't want to use it
- MAIL_: Enter the SMTP-server's credentials (The experience shows SSL works better than STARTTLS; The mail config is required to easily create accounts, see this comment how it can be done manually)
- REPORT_EMAIL: Kutt offers a form to report malicious links which are sent to this mail-address
Download Kutt's extension for web browsers via below links. You can also find the source code on kutt-extension.
Visit API v2 documentation on docs.kutt.it
3rd Party packages
|C# (.NET)||KuttSharp||.NET package for Kutt.it url shortener|
|C# (.NET)||Kutt.NET||✂️🔗 C# API Wrapper for Kutt|
|Python||kutt-cli||Command-line client for Kutt written in Python|
|Ruby||kutt.rb||Kutt library written in Ruby|
|Rust||urlshortener||URL shortener library written in Rust|
|Rust||kutt-rs||Command line tool written in Rust|
|Node.js||node-kutt||Node.js client for Kutt.it url shortener|
|Java||kutt-desktop||A Cross platform Java desktop application for Kutt|
|Go||kutt-go||Go client for Kutt.it url shortener|
|BASH||GitHub Gist||Simple BASH function to access the API|
|BASH||url-shortener||Simple BASH script with GUI|
Kutt is free of charge and free of ads. Help us keep our servers running and motivate us to work on this project by donating to our Bitcoin wallet:
Pull requests are welcome. You'll probably find lots of improvements to be made.
Open issues for feedback, requesting features, reporting bugs or discussing ideas.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Kutt.it README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.