- 🛠 bugfix dont include inviter in audience
- 🔋 feature replace iframes with a link to src when rendering emails
- ⚡️ translations updates
- 🐛 bug fixes related to new RecordCache perf work
- ➕ add :loading to lots of btns, mostly poll voting forms, so you can tell you are supposed to wait
- 🛠 bugfix dont list discarded polls in polls panel
- 🛠 almost fixed recaptcha support
- 🛠 bugfix for SAML
- 🛠 bugfix for poll audience
- 🛠 bugfix for when you have a pending membership to a group you already belong to
- 🛠 bugfix for saving a stance, ui timing issues
- 🛠 bugfix group polls panel shows polls in subgroups again
- 🛠 fix for mention search returning removed users
- 🐎 performance work, (record_cache) inbox and dashboard load times at 20% of what they were.
- 🛠 fix for group cover image upload
- 👉 use group handle rather than name to confirm deletion of groups
- auto close link menu after adding link
- 🛠 fixes for volume and poll_expired notifications
- 🛠 fix logins, memberships and reCaptcha
- automatically detect language of content (without google), rather than assume it's author's locale (this is cool!)
- fix repair_thread child_count query
- and more
🚀 Rate limiting and bug fixes on top of the 2.5.0 release.
Phew, so pleased to finally get this over the line. Here's Loomio 2.5.0:
What's new in 2.5?
Invite-only threads : Imagine Loomio without groups. Discuss and decide with an adhoc group of people; no need to start a group or send out memberships before you begin. Works with existing Loomio users or anyone with an email address.
Nominate who can vote in a proposal : Previously, everyone in the group could vote on every proposal. Now you can choose exactly who you want to vote, while the rest of the group watches.
Fewer emails for new users : We have heard a lot of complaints about Loomio sending too many emails, and we want to make it right for you. New users are no longer automatically subscribed to emails when you participate in a thread. To balance this, we've made it easier to see who will be notified when starting a thread or proposal.
👍 Better closing soon notifications : You can now select who, if anyone, will receive a "proposal closing soon" notification. Nobody, Author, Voters, or whole Group.
⏱ Schedule an outcome review date : When entering an outcome, you can select a review date, and you'll be sent a notification on that date to prompt a review of your decision.
👀 Clearly see edits made to threads and polls : If you make a significant edit to a thread context or a poll, you can describe the change, record it in the thread, and choose who to notify about it.
Manage your group members more effectively : We heard you. Inviting people was clunky and confusing. We've revised the process of inviting people into the group. You can now include your own welcome message when inviting new people in. Search results show up as you enter new email addresses; you can copy-paste multiple email addresses at once.
Know who's part of the conversation : For a long time people have been asking to see who's been invited to a thread. Now you can do that, and more. Invite people from outside the group to join the thread as guests; see who's read the thread, and when. The same goes for poll management.
🛠 bugfix - meeting poll duration options
🛠 bugfix - unsubscribe links in email footers
🔋 feature - "work in progress" mode for polls
🔋 feature - support loading loomio from with an iframe on another site
👌 improved language support
⬆️ lots of dependencies upgrades
🚀 last release before major changes introduced in 2.5
- 👌 Improvements to new thread page, still in beta
- 🛠 Fix SSR discussion show for WIP polls
- 🛠 Fix when null chars in mention search
- 🛠 Fix scroll on large meeting poll results
- 🛠 Fix attachments' associations with groups
- 🛠 Fix user avatars showing up in anonymous poll notifications
now in beta:
- live collaborative editing on discussion contexts and proposals (plus some new editor features like colours and text alignment)
- all comments etc are live saved as drafts and you cannot lose your work
- 🚧 "work in progress" mode for proposals so you can get feedback and improve them before voting
- 🆕 new thread renderer which shows you what is relevant to you, and is more stable (read: less jumpy) and faster than the last one. (generally we threw the last thread renederer in the trash and started again)
collaborative editing/automatic save drafts beta
🛠 fix live update and refreshing after reconnect
🛠 fix for old service worker persisting loomio 1.0 in browsers
⚡️ locales update
⚡️ library updates
v2.2.8August 31, 2020
✂ remove polyfills
👍 allow all admins to see invitee email addresses
switch from actioncable to message_bus
🛠 fix handing of discussion_moved events
⬆️ library upgrades
🛠 fix bug where email settings were being ignored for new discussions and polls