The Lounge alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "IRC" category.
Alternatively, view The Lounge alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.5 0.0 L4 The Lounge VS ConvosConvos :busts_in_silhouette: is the simplest way to use IRC in your browser [Moved to: https://github.com/convos-chat/convos]
5.3 0.0 L4 The Lounge VS IRCAnywhereIRCAnywhere web based multi-user IRC bouncer built for teams
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of The Lounge or a related project?
Modern web IRC client designed for self-hosting
Website • Docs • Demo
- Modern features brought to IRC. Push notifications, link previews, new message markers, and more bring IRC to the 21st century.
- Always connected. Remains connected to IRC servers while you are offline.
- Cross platform. It doesn't matter what OS you use, it just works wherever Node.js runs.
- Responsive interface. The client works smoothly on every desktop, smartphone and tablet.
- Synchronized experience. Always resume where you left off no matter what device.
To learn more about configuration, usage and features of The Lounge, take a look at the website.
Installation and usage
Running stable releases
Please refer to the install and upgrade documentation on our website for all available installation methods.
Running from source
The following commands install and run the development version of The Lounge:
git clone https://github.com/thelounge/thelounge.git cd thelounge yarn install NODE_ENV=production yarn build yarn start
When installed like this,
thelounge executable is not created. Use
node index <command> to run commands.
⚠️ While it is the most recent codebase, this is not production-ready! Run at your own risk. It is also not recommended to run this as root.
Simply follow the instructions to run The Lounge from source above, on your own fork.
Before submitting any change, make sure to:
- Read the Contributing instructions
yarn testto execute linters and test suite
yarn buildif you change or add anything in
yarn devcan be used to start The Lounge with hot module reloading