markdown-tree alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Documentation Generators" category.
Alternatively, view markdown-tree alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of markdown-tree or a related project?
What is it?
Take a folder with a hierarchy of markdown files and use this script to serve that folder as a live styled site with a built in navigation.
Basically this is a Sinatra script to serve a hierarchy / tree directory of markdown files as a live dynamic site. Use intended for small sites built in markdown.
There are many similar scripts done in a static fashion but I couldn't find a minimal system for serving markdown hierarchy based sites that was dynamic.
For that reason I created Markdown Tree. Having a dynamically generated site allows me to not have to worry about regenerating my site every time I make a minor change.
Installation and Usage
- Clone the repo:
git clone git://github.com/mil/markdown-tree.git
- Go into the directory:
- Install the Sinatra and Redcarpet gems:
gem install redcarpet sinatra
- Run the script:
- Visit http://localhost:4567 to browse your site!
Folder Structure / Customization
- markdown-tree.rb : The ruby script to run which serves your site
- config.yaml : 4 option config used by markdown-tree.rb
- template/ : Contains the default template
- template.erb : ERB template pages are built from
- content/ : Contains the hierarchy of markdown files for your Sites
- Clean up the default template's CSS
- Add more error handling for reading file