MeiliSearch alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Search Engines" category.
Alternatively, view MeiliSearch alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Searx9.3 8.6 L2 MeiliSearch VS SearxPrivacy-respecting metasearch engine
Typesense9.1 8.6 MeiliSearch VS TypesenseOpen Source alternative to Algolia and an Easier-to-Use alternative to ElasticSearch ⚡ 🔍 ✨ Fast, typo tolerant, in-memory fuzzy Search Engine for building delightful search experiences
Yacy7.4 9.4 L1 MeiliSearch VS YacyDistributed Peer-to-Peer Web Search Engine and Intranet Search Appliance
Ambar7.0 2.1 MeiliSearch VS Ambar:mag: Ambar: Document Search Engine
Gigablast6.7 0.0 L1 MeiliSearch VS GigablastNov 20 2017 -- A distributed open source search engine and spider/crawler written in C/C++ for Linux on Intel/AMD. From gigablast dot com, which has binaries for download. See the README.md file at the very bottom of this page for instructions.
sist24.2 4.7 MeiliSearch VS sist2Lightning-fast file system indexer and search tool
Seeks3.6 0.0 L1 MeiliSearch VS SeeksSeeks is a decentralized p2p websearch and collaborative tool.
multiSearchHome1.0 0.0 MeiliSearch VS multiSearchHome:mag_right: Local standalone html homepage to search in 175 search engine (duckduckgo, youtube, twitter, wikipedia, etc..) // FR___: Page d'accueil html autonome, pour chercher dans 175 moteurs de recherche.
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of MeiliSearch or a related project?
Website | Roadmap | Blog | Documentation | FAQ | Slack
⚡ A lightning-fast search engine that fits effortlessly into your apps, websites, and workflow 🔍
Meilisearch helps you shape a delightful search experience in a snap, offering features that work out-of-the-box to speed up your workflow.
🔥 Try it! 🔥
It’s Hacktoberfest 2022 @Meilisearch
Hacktoberfest is a celebration of the open-source community. This year, and for the third time in a row, Meilisearch is participating in this fantastic event.
You’d like to contribute? Don’t hesitate to check out our [contributing guidelines](./CONTRIBUTING.md).
- Search-as-you-type: find search results in less than 50 milliseconds
- Typo tolerance: get relevant matches even when queries contain typos and misspellings
- Filtering and faceted search: enhance your user's search experience with custom filters and build a faceted search interface in a few lines of code
- Sorting: sort results based on price, date, or pretty much anything else your users need
- Synonym support: configure synonyms to include more relevant content in your search results
- Geosearch: filter and sort documents based on geographic data
- Extensive language support: search datasets in any language, with optimized support for Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, and languages using the Latin alphabet
- Security management: control which users can access what data with API keys that allow fine-grained permissions handling
- Multi-Tenancy: personalize search results for any number of application tenants
- Highly Customizable: customize Meilisearch to your specific needs or use our out-of-the-box and hassle-free presets
- RESTful API: integrate Meilisearch in your technical stack with our plugins and SDKs
- Easy to install, deploy, and maintain
You can consult Meilisearch's documentation at https://docs.meilisearch.com.
🚀 Getting started
For basic instructions on how to set up Meilisearch, add documents to an index, and search for documents, take a look at our Quick Start guide.
You may also want to check out Meilisearch 101 for an introduction to some of Meilisearch's most popular features.
☁️ Meilisearch cloud
Join the closed beta for Meilisearch cloud by filling out this form.
🧰 SDKs & integration tools
Install one of our SDKs in your project for seamless integration between Meilisearch and your favorite language or framework!
Take a look at the complete Meilisearch integration list.
[Logos belonging to different languages and frameworks supported by Meilisearch, including React, Ruby on Rails, Go, Rust, and PHP](assets/integrations.png)
⚙️ Advanced usage
Experienced users will want to keep our API Reference close at hand.
We also offer a wide range of dedicated guides to all Meilisearch features, such as filtering, sorting, geosearch, API keys, and tenant tokens.
Finally, for more in-depth information, refer to our articles explaining fundamental Meilisearch concepts such as documents and indexes.
Meilisearch collects anonymized data from users to help us improve our product. You can deactivate this whenever you want.
To request deletion of collected data, please write to us at [email protected]. Don't forget to include your
Instance UID in the message, as this helps us quickly find and delete your data.
If you want to know more about the kind of data we collect and what we use it for, check the telemetry section of our documentation.
📫 Get in touch!
Meilisearch is a search engine created by Meili, a software development company based in France and with team members all over the world. Want to know more about us? Check out our blog!
🗞 Subscribe to our newsletter if you don't want to miss any updates! We promise we won't clutter your mailbox: we only send one edition every two months.
💌 Want to make a suggestion or give feedback? Here are some of the channels where you can reach us:
- For feature requests, please visit our product repository
- Found a bug? Open an issue!
- Want to be part of our Slack community? Join us!
- For everything else, please check this page listing some of the other places where you can find us
Thank you for your support!
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the MeiliSearch README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.