Metronome IM alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "XMPP Servers" category.
Alternatively, view Metronome IM alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.8 9.4 Metronome IM VS ejabberdRobust, Ubiquitous and Massively Scalable Messaging Platform (XMPP, MQTT, SIP Server)
8.3 9.1 L1 Metronome IM VS OpenfireAn XMPP server licensed under the Open Source Apache License.
7.0 9.8 Metronome IM VS MongooseIMMongooseIM is a mobile messaging platform with focus on performance and scalability
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Metronome IM or a related project?
This software codebase began as a fork of prosody trunk (to be 0.9) merged with LW.Org's custom patches, initiating from August 7th 2012 (see first commit).
Being mainly based on Prosody a lot of Metronome's code is backport compatible, but as development keeps progressing the majority of the codebase has almost completely diverged from mainstream.
Differences from Prosody are, but not limited to:
- The Pubsub API and wrapped modules, mod_pubsub and mod_pep
- The MUC API and wrapper plugins
- Pluggable MUC configuration
- Pluggable Routing API
- Core stack: Modulemanager, Usermanager, Hostmanager, Module API, etc...
- More aggressive memory usage optimisations
- Bidirectional S2S Streams
- Direct TLS S2S Streams and XEP-0368 resolution
- Dialback errors handling and "DB without DB" (XEP-344)
- The anonymous auth backend (mod_auth_anonymous & sasl.lua ineherent part)
- Included plugins, utils
- SPIM prevention system
- Hits/blacklist/whitelist based host filtering (mod_gate_guard)
- In-Band Registration verification and account locking mechanism
- The HTTP API
- XEP-0252 support for BOSH's JSON Padding
- Extensive Microblogging over XMPP support
- Daemon Control Utility
- It does have only one server backend being libevent and has a hard dep. on lua-event