nefarious alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Automation" category.
Alternatively, view nefarious alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of nefarious or a related project?
nefarious is a web application that automatically downloads Movies and TV Shows.
- [x] Search TV & Movies
- [x] Auto download TV (individual episodes or full seasons)
- [x] Auto download Movies
- [x] Discover TV & Movies (by popularity, genres, year etc)
- [x] Find similar TV & Movies
- [x] Find recommended TV & Movies
- [x] Manually search and download Jackett's torrent results
- [x] Supports blacklisting torrent results (i.e permanently avoid a bad/fake torrent)
- [X] Supports quality profiles (i.e only download 1080p Movies and 720p TV)
- [x] Supports whether to download media with hardcoded subtitles or not
- [x] Supports user defined keywords to filter results (i.e ignore "x265", "hevc" codecs)
- [x] Auto download TV & Movies once it's released (routinely scans for newly released content)
- [x] Monitor transmission results & status from within the app
- [x] Self/auto updating application so you're always up-to-date
- [x] Supports multiple users and permission groups (i.e admin users and regular users)
- [x] Responsive Design (looks great on desktops, tablets and small devices like phones)
- [x] Movie trailers
- [x] Automatically renames media
- [x] Supports multiple languages (TMDB supports internationalized Titles, Descriptions and Poster artwork)
- [x] Webhook support (i.e can post to Slack, Telegram etc when media downloads)
- [x] Imports existing libraries
- [x] VPN integration (optional)
Movie Custom Quality Profile
You must have docker and docker-compose already installed. See [dependencies](docs/DEPENDENCIES.md).
Clone the nefarious repository:
git clone https://github.com/lardbit/nefarious.git cd nefarious
Copy the default environment file to make changes:
cp env.template .env
.env as needed for your settings, at least defining HOST_DOWNLOAD_PATH to something like HOST_DOWNLOAD_PATH=/path/to/downloads.
You should never need to edit the
docker-compose.yml file since all settings are read from
Start all the containers:
docker-compose up -d
NOTE: the first time you start nefarious can take a few minutes.
Your default local URLs for all the various services will be:
See Part 2 for finalizing the configuration.
See [ARM.md](docs/ARM.md) for arm-based architectures like the raspberry pi, odroid, pine etc.
See [VPN.md](docs/VPN.md) for VPN integration.
The default nefarious user/password is
admin. On first login you will be directed to the main nefarious settings and asked to configure your Jackett API token.
Jackett's host in the main settings should remain
jackett and the port should remain
9117. Copy your API Token from Jackett into the appropriate nefarious section.
Don't forget to also add some indexers in Jackett to track your preferred content, and be sure to test them to see that they're working. Some popular examples are The Pirate Bay, 1337x, RARBG.
Transmission's host should remain
transmission and port should remain
9091. It's possible to configure it with a username and password, but defaults to keeping them both blank.
Entering both username and password in the nefarious settings should only be done if the Transmission settings of 'transmission-settings.json' were also configured for your desired user/pass.
The Download Subdirectories can also be configured here as well. Bear in mind these are subdirectories, and that we will be configuring the parent download directory shortly.
Leaving these as they are will be perfectly fine.
Global Language, Keyword Exclusions, Subtitles, and Quality Profiles can also be configured here.
TV and Movie quality profiles can be changed independently of each other if you wish to have differing profiles.
User accounts and passwords can be added or modified as well.
Once all of your settings are updated, click
Save then be sure to
Verify Settings to make sure they're valid.
There is no default transmission user/pass, but feel free to edit the
transmission-settings.json beforehand following the official settings to make any changes you'd like.
NOTE if you make any changes to
transmission-settings.json you'll have to recreate the transmission container for the changes to take place:
docker-compose up -d --force-recreate transmission
If you're running nefarious via the default
docker-compose.yml file then nefarious will automatically update to the newest versions as they release.
However, occasionally the
docker-compose.yml configuration file changes and you'll need to redo the steps in Setup.
You will not lose your nefarious settings due to persistent docker volumes. It's a safe operation.