nefarious alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Automation" category.
Alternatively, view nefarious alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
10.0 10.0 L3 nefarious VS Home Assistant:house_with_garden: Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first.
9.8 10.0 nefarious VS n8nFree and source-available fair-code licensed workflow automation tool. Easily automate tasks across different services.
9.8 3.6 L4 nefarious VS HuginnCreate agents that monitor and act on your behalf. Your agents are standing by!
8.3 9.7 nefarious VS StackStormStackStorm (aka "IFTTT for Ops") is event-driven automation for auto-remediation, incident responses, troubleshooting, deployments, and more for DevOps and SREs. Includes rules engine, workflow, 160 integration packs with 6000+ actions (see https://exchange.stackstorm.org) and ChatOps. Installer at https://docs.stackstorm.com/install/index.html
7.6 7.9 L3 nefarious VS pyLoadThe free and open-source Download Manager written in pure Python
6.8 4.3 nefarious VS ActionsflowThe free Zapier/IFTTT alternative for developers to automate your workflows based on Github actions
6.4 9.4 L2 nefarious VS MedusaAutomatic Video Library Manager for TV Shows. It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows, and when they are posted it does its magic.
5.0 8.3 nefarious VS KlaxonKlaxon enables reporters and editors to monitor scores of sites on the web for newsworthy changes.
5.0 7.9 nefarious VS µTaskµTask is an automation engine that models and executes business processes declared in yaml. ✏️📋
4.6 0.0 nefarious VS ActiveWorkflowPolyglot workflows without leaving the comfort of your technology stack.
4.6 0.8 nefarious VS PatrowlPatrOwl - Open Source, Smart and Scalable Security Operations Orchestration Platform
4.5 4.0 nefarious VS Accelerated TextAccelerated Text is a no-code natural language generation platform. It will help you construct document plans which define how your data is converted to textual descriptions varying in wording and structure.
4.5 9.9 nefarious VS AutomatischThe open source Zapier alternative. Build workflow automation without spending time and money.
3.1 0.0 nefarious VS SiteInspectorA tool for catching spelling errors, grammatical errors, broken links, and other errors on websites.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of nefarious or a related project?
nefarious is a web application that automatically downloads Movies and TV Shows.
- [x] Search and discover TV & Movies (by popularity, genres, year etc)
- [x] Auto download TV & Movies
- [x] Find similar and recommended TV & Movies (via The Movie Database & Rotten Tomatoes)
- [x] Manually search and download Jackett's torrent results
- [x] Supports blacklisting torrent results (i.e, permanently avoid a bad/fake torrent)
- [X] Supports quality profiles (i.e only download 1080p Movies and 720p TV)
- [x] Supports whether to download media with hardcoded subtitles or not
- [x] Supports user defined keywords to filter results (i.e, ignore "x265", "hevc" codecs)
- [x] Monitor transmission results & status from within the app
- [x] Self/auto updating application, so you're always up-to-date
- [x] Supports multiple users and permission groups (i.e, admin users and regular users)
- [x] Responsive Design (looks great on desktops, tablets and small devices like phones)
- [x] Includes movie trailers
- [x] Automatically renames media
- [x] Supports multiple languages (TMDB supports internationalized Titles, Descriptions and Poster artwork)
- [x] Notifications - supports all major notification services (via Apprise)
- [x] Imports existing libraries
- [x] VPN integration (optional)
- [x] Auto download subtitles via opensubtitles api
- [x] Auto detect & blacklist spam/fake video content
Discover via TMDB
Discover via Rotten Tomatoes
You must have docker and docker-compose already installed. See [dependencies](docs/DEPENDENCIES.md).
Clone the nefarious repository:
git clone https://github.com/lardbit/nefarious.git cd nefarious
Copy the default environment file to make changes:
cp env.template .env
.env as needed for your settings, at least defining HOST_DOWNLOAD_PATH to something like HOST_DOWNLOAD_PATH=/path/to/downloads.
You should never need to edit the
docker-compose.yml file since all settings are read from
Start all the containers:
docker-compose up -d
NOTE: the first time you start nefarious can take a few minutes.
Your default local URLs for all the various services will be:
See Part 2 for finalizing the configuration.
Low powered systems
See [SBC.md](docs/SBC.md) for low powered / single board computers (sbc) like the raspberry pi, odroid, pine etc.
See [VPN.md](docs/VPN.md) for VPN integration.
The default nefarious user/password is
admin. On first login you will be directed to the main nefarious settings and asked to configure your Jackett API token.
Jackett's host in the main settings should remain
jackett and the port should remain
9117. Copy your API Token from Jackett into the appropriate nefarious section.
Don't forget to also add some indexers in Jackett to track your preferred content, and be sure to test them to see that they're working. Some popular examples are The Pirate Bay, 1337x, RARBG.
Transmission's host should remain
transmission and port should remain
9091. It's possible to configure it with a username and password, but it defaults to keeping them both blank.
Entering both username and password in the nefarious settings should only be done if the Transmission settings of
transmission-settings.json were also configured for your desired user/pass.
Once all of your settings are updated, click
Save & Verify Settings to save and verify they're valid.
There is no default transmission user/pass, but feel free to edit the
transmission-settings.json beforehand following the official settings to make any changes you'd like.
NOTE if you make any changes to
transmission-settings.json you'll have to recreate the transmission container for the changes to take place:
docker-compose up -d --force-recreate transmission
If you're running nefarious via the default
docker-compose.yml file then nefarious will automatically update to the newest versions as they release.
However, occasionally the
docker-compose.yml configuration file changes and you'll need to redo the steps in Setup.
You will not lose your nefarious settings due to persistent docker volumes. It's a safe operation.