NextCloudPi alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Self-hosting Solutions" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of NextCloudPi or a related project?
English | Traditional Chinese 繁體中文
This is the build code for NextCloudPi.
NextCloudPi is a ready to use image for Raspberry Pi, Odroid HC1, rock64 and other boards.
Find the full documentation at docs.nextcloudpi.com
- Debian/Raspbian 10 Buster
- Nextcloud 18.0.5
- Apache 2.4.25, with HTTP2 enabled
- PHP 7.3
- MariaDB 10
- Redis memory cache
- ncp-config for easy setup ( RAM logs, USB drive and more )
- Automatic redirection to HTTPS
- ACPU PHP cache
- PHP Zend OPcache enabled with file cache
- Cron jobs for Nextcloud
- Sane configuration defaults
- Full emoji support
- Postfix email
- Setup wizard
- NextCloudPi Web Panel
- Wi-Fi ready
- Ram logs
- Automatic security updates, activated by default.
- Let’s Encrypt for trusted HTTPS certificates.
- Fail2Ban protection against brute force attacks.
- UFW firewall
- Dynamic DNS support for no-ip.org
- Dynamic DNS support for freeDNS
- Dynamic DNS support for duckDNS
- Dynamic DNS support for spDYN
- dnsmasq DNS server with DNS cache
- ModSecurity Web Application Firewall
- NFS ready to mount your files over LAN
- SAMBA ready to share your files with Windows/Mac/Linux
- USB automount
- Remote updates
- Automatic NCP updates
- Automatic Nextcloud updates
- Update notifications
- NextCloud backup and restore
- NextCloud online installation
- Format USB drive to BTRFS
- BTRFS snapshots
- Automatic BTRFS snapshots
- BTRFS snapshot auto sync
- scheduled rsync
- UPnP automatic port forwarding
- Security audits with Lynis and Debsecan
- SMART hard drive health monitoring
Extras can be activated and configured using the web interface at HTTPS port 4443
, or from the command line from
Run in docker
docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v ncdata:/data --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi $DOMAIN
How to build
Install git, docker, qemu-user-static, chroot and all the usual building tools.
git clone https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi.git cd nextcloudpi ./build-SD-rpi.sh
, or for an Armbian based board
./build-SD-armbian.sh odroidxu4 # supported board code name
In order to generate the Docker images
git clone https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi.git cd nextcloudpi ./build-docker.sh x86 ./build-docker.sh armhf ./build-docker.sh arm64
NextCloudPi can be installed in any architecture running the latest Debian
# curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/master/install.sh | bash
Get the image, find details and more instructions at
Pull the docker image