NextCloudPi alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Self-hosting Solutions" category.
Alternatively, view NextCloudPi alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.2 0.6 L5 NextCloudPi VS sovereignA set of Ansible playbooks to build and maintain your own private cloud: email, calendar, contacts, file sync, IRC bouncer, VPN, and more.
8.7 9.9 NextCloudPi VS BudibaseBudibase is an open-source low code platform that helps you build internal tools in minutes 🚀
8.6 9.1 L2 NextCloudPi VS SandstormSandstorm is a self-hostable web productivity suite. It's implemented as a security-hardened web app package manager.
Open and cheap DIY IP-KVM based on Raspberry Pi
7.6 9.7 L3 NextCloudPi VS OpenMediaVaultopenmediavault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux. It contains services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more. Thanks to the modular design of the framework it can be enhanced via plugins. OpenMediaVault is primarily designed to be used in home environments or small home offices, but is not limited to those scenarios. It is a simple and easy to use out-of-the-box solution that will allow everyone to install and administrate a Network Attached Storage without deeper knowledge.
7.4 9.7 L2 NextCloudPi VS TagSpacesTagSpaces is an offline, open source, document manager with tagging support
7.3 9.9 NextCloudPi VS FreeNASTrueNAS CORE/Enterprise/SCALE Middleware Git Repository [Moved to: https://github.com/truenas/middleware]
6.7 0.0 NextCloudPi VS 1BackendRun your web apps easily with a complete platform that you can install on any server. Build composable microservices and lambdas.
6.5 9.4 NextCloudPi VS DockSTARTerDockSTARTer helps you get started with running apps in Docker.
3.7 0.0 NextCloudPi VS DPlatformDeploy self-hosted apps easily: simple, bloat-free, independent installation
2.4 0.0 L5 NextCloudPi VS Puffinlightweight webapp catalog based on containers, with user interface à la mobile app store
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of NextCloudPi or a related project?
English | [Traditional Chinese 繁體中文](i18n/README-zh_TW.md) | [Simplified Chinese 简体中文](i18n/README-zh_CN.md)
This is the build code for NextCloudPi.
NextCloudPi is a ready to use image for Raspberry Pi, Odroid HC1, rock64 and other boards.
This code also generates the NextCloudPi docker image, LXD and VM, and includes an installer for any Debian based system.
Find the full documentation at docs.nextcloudpi.com
- Debian/Raspbian 10 Buster
- Nextcloud 22.2.2
- Apache 2.4.25, with HTTP2 enabled
- PHP 7.3
- MariaDB 10
- Redis memory cache
- ncp-config for easy setup ( RAM logs, USB drive and more )
- Automatic redirection to HTTPS
- ACPU PHP cache
- PHP Zend OPcache enabled with file cache
- Cron jobs for Nextcloud
- Sane configuration defaults
- Full emoji support
- Postfix email
- Setup wizard
- NextCloudPi Web Panel
- Wi-Fi ready
- Ram logs
- Automatic security updates, activated by default.
- Let’s Encrypt for trusted HTTPS certificates.
- Fail2Ban protection against brute force attacks.
- UFW firewall
- Dynamic DNS support for no-ip.org
- Dynamic DNS support for freeDNS
- Dynamic DNS support for duckDNS
- Dynamic DNS support for spDYN
- Dynamic DNS support for Namecheap
- dnsmasq DNS server with DNS cache
- ModSecurity Web Application Firewall
- NFS ready to mount your files over LAN
- SAMBA ready to share your files with Windows/Mac/Linux
- USB automount
- Remote updates
- Automatic NCP updates
- Automatic Nextcloud updates
- Update notifications
- NextCloud backup and restore
- NextCloud online installation
- Format USB drive to BTRFS
- BTRFS snapshots
- Automatic BTRFS snapshots
- BTRFS snapshot auto sync
- scheduled rsync
- UPnP automatic port forwarding
- Security audits with Lynis and Debsecan
- SMART hard drive health monitoring
- Prometheus metrics monitoring
Extras can be activated and configured using the web interface at HTTPS port 4443
, or from the command line from
Run in docker
docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v ncdata:/data --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi $DOMAIN
Run in LXD
lxc import NextCloudPi_LXD_09-29-21.tar.bz lxc start ncp
How to build
Install git, docker, qemu-user-static, chroot and all the usual building tools.
git clone https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi.git cd nextcloudpi build/build-SD-rpi.sh
, or for an Armbian based board
./build-SD-armbian.sh odroidxu4 # supported board code name
In order to generate the Docker images
git clone https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi.git cd nextcloudpi build/build-docker.sh x86 build/build-docker.sh armhf build/build-docker.sh arm64
, for LXD
NextCloudPi can be installed in any architecture running the latest Debian
Note: this assumes a clean Debian install, and there is no rollback method
# curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/master/install.sh | bash