- Fix error when disconnecting clients (missing argument for fs.close)
- Using npm lock file to fix dependencies' versions
- Allow log level to be set with environment variable
- Adding timestamp to log output
- Kill server process if main.js (monitoring) gets killed.
This will not work for
SIGKILL. When you forcefully kill the server, make sure to kill it's child processes as well if intended.
- Improve logging
- Bug fixes:
- Crash on failing keyboard initialization
- Update dependencies
- Add physical gamepad support to the client
- Introduced Changelog
- Improved documentation (e.g. explaining
- D-Pad supports analog stick behaviour by default
- Improved logging
- Using module
forever-monitorto restart the server if it crashes for some reason.
- Bug fixes
🌐 Regression bug: The Web App functionality (ability to add the gamepad to the home screen on Andoid using Chrome) was broken.
0️⃣ In version 1.2.0
config.jsonsets the port to
8080by default. This was an unintended change. Version 1.2.1 changes the port back to
80as default setting.
🔖 Version 1.2.0 adds an index page that lets the user select the input device (game pad, keyboard, or touch pad). The index page can be set to directly forward the user to the game pad if needed. To do so the key
config.jsonmust be changed to
In version 1.1.0 a virtual keyboard and a virtual touchpad feature are added.
🛠 Furthermore, a few bugs are fixed. One of them includes that
node-virtual-gamepadsnow also runs on x64 machine right out of the box.
🚀 Many months after the first commit, virtual-gamepad has been integrated into two awesome projects which are Recalbox and RetroPie. Thanks to some contributors, the code has been corrected and the actual version is now stable enough to be considered as the first release.
Many great evolutions are incoming :)