OnionShare v2.6 Release Notes
- 🔧 Major feature: a new 'Quickstart' screen, which enables toggling on or off an animated automatic connection to Tor. This allows configuring network settings prior to automatic connection.
- Major feature: Censorship circumvention. Use new features in the upstream Tor API to try to automatically obtain bridges depending on the user's location.
- 🆕 New feature: automatically fetch the built-in bridges from the upstream Tor API rather than hardcode them in each release of OnionShare.
- 🆕 New feature: keyboard shortcuts to access various modes and menus, and accessibility hints
- 🐛 Bug fix: Temporary Directory for serving the OnionShare web pages was broken on Windows
- 🚀 Packaging: Packaging is more automated, and Linux Snapcraft releases are available for amd64, arm64, and armhf
- ⚡️ Miscellaneous: Many dependency updates and web page theming improvements