OSSN alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Social Networks and Forums" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of OSSN or a related project?
Open Source Social Network [5.3 -DEV LTS]
Opensource-Socialnetwork (OSSN) is a social networking software written in PHP. It allows you to make a social networking website and helps your members build social relationships, with people who share similar professional or personal interests. It is available in 16 international languages.
OSSN Licensed under the Open Source Social Network License (4.0) / Cryptographic Autonomy License version 1.0
Kernighan & Ritchie (K&R Variant 1TBS) indentation standard is used for the OSSN.
- Copyright (C) 2014-2020 SYED ARSALAN HUSSAIN SHAH email@example.com,
- Copyright (C) 2014-2020 OPEN SOURCE SOCIAL NETWORK https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org,
- Copyright (C) 2015-2020 SOFTLAB24 LTD https://www.softlab24.com
- Copyright (C) 2014-2015 INFORMATIKON TECHNOLOGIES https://www.informatikon.com
|Landing Page||Newsfeed||Profile Page|
Visit https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/ for more details
- Traditional Chinese
- User Registration
- User Login
- Profile Photo
- Profile Cover
- Add/Remove Friends
- Live Chat
- Wall posts
- Tag friends in posts
- User block system
- User poke system
- Photos in comments.
- Group cover photos
- Repostion Profile/Group cover
- Friend Requests
- Chat Bar
- Invite Friends
- Embed Videos
- SitePages (terms, privacy, about)
- Site Search
- Reset Password
- Newsfeed page
- Post Edit
- Comment Edit
- Mobile Friendly
- A photo gallery view.
- Emojii Support
- Admin Dashboard for site overview
- Online users count (male/female) graph
- Total site users count (by months) graph
- Update Notification
- Add User
- Remove User
- Edit User
- Ads Manager
- Site Cache Settings
- Site Basic Settings
- Unvalidated users
- Manually validate unvalidated users
- and much more components settings
OSSN must be installed into a directory writable by the webserver, or it will not function properly. For most Linux servers running Apache v2, making the parent directory writable is very simple:
chgrp www-data /path/to/ossn_parent_directory chmod g+w /path/to/ossn_parent_directory
If you are not running Apache v2 or are using a different type of webserver, you'll need to read your system's documentation or speak to your server administrator before proceeding.
- Web Installer https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/download
- VM Image - https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/download-vm-image
Installation on Ubuntu x64 18.04 LTS (Experimental)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:arsalanshah/opensource-socialnetwork sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install opensource-socialnetwork
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the OSSN README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.