Openstreetmap alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Maps & GPS" category.
Alternatively, view Openstreetmap alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.4 9.5 L2 Openstreetmap VS GraphhopperOpen source routing engine for OpenStreetMap. Use it as Java library or server.
5.5 5.7 L5 Openstreetmap VS uMapuMap lets you create maps with OpenStreetMap layers in a minute and embed them in your site.
4.9 3.4 L2 Openstreetmap VS OwnTracks RecorderStore and access data published by OwnTracks apps
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Openstreetmap or a related project?
"The Rails Port"
This repository consists of:
- The web site, including user accounts, diary entries, user-to-user messaging.
- The XML-based editing API.
- The integrated version of the iD editors.
- The Browse pages - a web front-end to the OpenStreetMap data.
- The GPX uploads, browsing and API.
A fully-functional Rails Port installation depends on other services, including map tile servers and geocoding services, that are provided by other software. The default installation uses publicly-available services to help with development and testing.
This software is licensed under the GNU General Public License 2.0, a copy of which can be found in the [LICENSE](LICENSE) file.
The Rails Port is a Ruby on Rails application that uses PostgreSQL as its database, and has a large number of dependencies for installation. For full details please see [INSTALL.md](INSTALL.md).
We're always keen to have more developers! Pull requests are very welcome.
- Bugs are recorded in the issue tracker.
- Translation is managed by Translatewiki.
- There is a [email protected] mailing list for development discussion.
- IRC - there is the #osm-dev channel on irc.oftc.net.
More details on contributing to the code are in the [CONTRIBUTING.md](CONTRIBUTING.md) file.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Openstreetmap README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.