oTranscribe alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Misc/Other" category.
Alternatively, view oTranscribe alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of oTranscribe or a related project?
oTranscribe is a free web app designed to take the pain out of transcribing recorded interviews.
- Pause (ESC), rewind (F1) and fast-forward (F2) without taking your hands off the keyboard
- Adjust playback speed with a slider or using F3/F4
- Your transcript is automatically saved to the browser's
- Rich text support using
- YouTube and video file support
... and more!
Download a copy
Although a web version is available, you can install oTranscribe anywhere by following these steps:
- Download the current ZIP archive.
- Compile the CSS and JS with Webpack (see below for more detailed instructions).
- Upload the files in the newly-generated
distfolder to a server of your choice.
Please note that, in Chrome, local copies oTranscribe may not run correctly due to the browser's privacy settings.
- Install Node.js and NPM.
npm installto install dependencies
make build_prodto compile the
For a sourcemap and 'watch-for-changes', run
OTR file format
oTranscribe has its own file format (.otr), which is just a JSON file with the following parameters:
- text: The raw HTML of the transcript
- media: If available, the name of the last media used
- media-source: If available, a link to the last media used
- media-time: If available, the playtime of the last media used
oTranscribe is not fully tested. There are only a small number of tests, for data migration.
To setup, install CasperJS.
Then run a server at the root directory of this repository at
http://localhost:8000, and on the command line run:
casperjs test tests/
Translations have been provided by the following talented and generous volunteers:
- Catalan: Joan Montané and Jon Sindreu.
- Chinese: baiqj, Cindy Ng, Andy Pan, Cp0204 and Robin Kwong
- Danish: Christian Bruun.
- Dutch: Patrick Mackaaij and Marjolein Quist.
- Filipino: Patricia Albano.
- French: Olivier Aubert, @goofy-bz and Dr J Rogel-Salazar.
- German: Dr J Rogel-Salazar and Lisa Bernhardt.
- Indonesian: Joy Tikoalu.
- Italian: Dr J Rogel-Salazar, Edoardo Putti and Federico Lasta.
- Japanese: harupong.
- Norwegian: Hallvar Hauge Johnsen
- Polish: Emil Maruszczak and Piotr Tarasewicz.
- Portuguese: enVide neFelibata.
- Brazilian Portuguese: Leonardo Barichello and Carlos Eduardo Pinheiro Rocha.
- Romanian: Iain Apreotesei and Catalina Albeanu
- Russian: Pavel Osminin
- Spanish: Cristian Duque, Dr J Rogel-Salazar and Adrián Blanco.
- Swedish: c3ons.
- Turkish: Mehmet S. DERİNDERE.
- Ukrainian: Myroslav Opyr
- Vietnamese: Trần Ngọc Quân
- Greek: Konstantinos Alexiou
More about translating oTranscribe here.