Avg Release Cycle
865 days ago
v0.50.0 ChangesNovember 15, 2020
- 🔀 Sessions are now synced across browser tabs, logging in or out in one tab will be reflected in others. (#1641)
- It is no longer possible for users with read-only permissions to generate a public share link – this is a shift in policy.
- Drafts screen now has filters for date and collection (#1631)
- 0️⃣ Table of contents is now displayed on publicly shared docs by default when a doc has multiple headings (#1625)
- GSuite is now renamed to Google Workspace
- 👍 Gist embeds now support urls containing digits (#1622)
- 👌 Improved the behavior of copy and pasting between documents
- 👌 Improved consistency of spacing when the first item in document is a header
- 🚚 Awkward scroll behavior when caret is moved at the end of a header (#324)
- An issue causing Safari to hang when selecting a cell in an empty table (#322)
- 👍 Table scrollbars now better match dark theme (#320)
- 🛠 Fixed inability to duplicate a document with title close to the max title length (#1610)
- An issue that could allow "Document published" notifications to be sent to users without permission to view the document
- 🔨 Backlink and Revision creation was refactored to be more reliable (#1611) (#1616)
- Clicking "Share link…" in document menu no longer opens the document after sharing (#1643)
- "Not found" page now obeys theme settings (#1626)
- 🚚 Move document modal is now more performant (#1650)
- Issue where multiple separators could be displayed sequential in dropdown menus (#1637)
v0.49.0 ChangesOctober 27, 2020
- 🐎 Less transpilation of server code, more native method usage, better performance. (#1585)
- Documents now show unique views rather than total views (#1559)
- 👍 Importing ".doc" files exported from Confluence is now supported
- ⚡️ Emails for document updated notifications are now debounced by 5 minutes
- The server is more likely to gracefully recover rather than crash if redis restarts or is temporarily unavailable
- Spotify embeds improved (#1579)
- Zapier integration is no longer displayed for self-hosted installs (It was only ever usable in cloud version)
- 🚚 Events are now removed from redis when processed successfully, less Redis memory usage (#1587)
- Archived documents are no longer returned from
documents.listAPI endpoint (#1575)
- 💻 Websockets now connect in the Safari browser, previously it always fell back to long-polling due to a Safari bug
- Dark mode styling fix in settings area (#1597)
- 👍 Searching from Slack for a team that uses Google sign-in is now supported
- 🚚 Event log UI removed
- 🛠 When scrolling to headers from the contents they will no longer scroll behind the fixed header (#1578)
- 🛠 Fixed an issue that would prevent uploading the same image twice in a row (outline/rich-markdown-editor#307)
- Selection toolbar will no longer display in circumstances where the selection is empty (outline/rich-markdown-editor#274)
- It's now possible to paste into an existing code block (outline/rich-markdown-editor#294)
- Copying and pasting part of a code block now works correctly (outline/rich-markdown-editor#295)
- Underscore characters are now allowed within inline code (outline/rich-markdown-editor#298)
- Pointer cursor no longer displayed erroneously on headings
v0.48.1 ChangesSeptember 27, 2020
- 🚀 It was not possible to run migrations inside of the docker image in
v0.48.0due to a file being incorrectly removed in the build process. This release fixes that. If your database connection does not use SSL then migrate with:
yarn sequelize:migrate --env production-ssl-disabled
- 🚀 It was not possible to run migrations inside of the docker image in
v0.48.0 ChangesSeptember 27, 2020
🚀 > Note this release requires a database migration. Run
yarn sequelize:migrate --env production-ssl-disabledon your server or inside the docker container.
- 🆕 New, unread documents are now highlighted with a [new] badge
- Document lists now show when you last viewed the document (#1507)
- ➕ Added support for importing
- Share links can now be embedded in iframes
- 📄 It is now possible to search for existing docs using their URL (#1529)
- Styling and behavior of doc link search was improved to be more reliable
- Document and collection titles can now be edited from the sidebar by double clicking (#1544)
- 🐳 Docker image size, server startup time and memory usage all reduced
- ⬆️ Sentry upgraded to latest version (#1541)
- 🌐 Google docs, sheets and presentations can now be embedded without requiring "Publish to web" first (#1533)
- It's now possible to select embeds in the editor (#1562)
- Search queries are now recorded in a new database table (#1554)
- 👌 Improvements to focus accessibility (#1536)
- ⚡️ Error in backlinks service when updating an old (pre v1) document
- 💻 Error on frontend when browser extension blocks Sentry from loading
- 🛠 Fixed an issue where the current views on a document would not always be displayed
- Down arrow key will now navigate via keyboard to search results
\nin text is no longer converted to newline on reload (outline/rich-markdown-editor#286)
- 🚚 Small pointer dead zone over links when hover card is showing has been removed
- Document titles no longer look faded in Safari
- 🛠 Fixed cursor navigation around headings in Firefox
- 🛠 Fixed automatic linking of pasted URL's is now more reliable
Enterwhile editing document title now publishes the doc, the same behavior as in the body
v0.47.1 ChangesSeptember 11, 2020
- Previous collection description now appears available to edit again
- Missing toast message when copying code in the editor
- 🛠 Fixed flash of sidebar re-rendering when navigating between nested documents
- 🛠 Fixed
documents.restoreinternally erroring when requesting a previously deleted document
- 🛠 Fixed new revisions being skipped if identical to previously autosaved revision
- 🛠 Fixed the history sidebar header shrinking when there's lots of document history
- After choosing a new team logo it is now automatically saved
v0.47.0 ChangesSeptember 08, 2020
- Document history sidebar now has a header and button to close
AWS_S3_FORCE_PATH_STYLEenv option to improve compatibility with S3-like services
- 👌 Improved the interface for moving documents
- The app will now redirect to the parent document instead of the collection when deleting a child document
- It's now possible to use line breaks in table cells with
- You can now unpublish a document that was previously published via the "..." menu (#1467)
- ⏪ It's now possible to restore documents when their collection has been deleted
- "ClickUp" added to embed integrations (#1465)
- Positioning of the formatting toolbar when selecting text has been improved
- 📇 When a document is deleted the metadata now reflects the correct user (#1488)
- 🚚 It's now possible to view all possible locations when choosing where to move a document (#1490)
- An issue with nested modals not stacking correctly
- Clicking to "change permissions" when editing a collection now works correctly
- A document that previously had it's share revoked can now be re-shared
- Shares related to deleted documents no longer appear in the admin area
- It's no longer possible to create a child document inside a deleted document
- 👌 Improved handling of deleted documents/collections over websockets
- Selected content in the editor can now be dragged to reorder (#1253)
- Table of contents now shows correctly when navigating directly to a doc url
- It's now possible to toggle a blockquote via the formatting toolbar (previously blockquotes would be continuously nested)
- Headers inside notice blocks are now the correct color in dark mode
- Checkboxes can now be toggled in read only mode via the keyboard (outline/rich-markdown-editor#258)
Enterkey in document title now adds a new paragraph below the title
CMD+Skeyboard shortcuts now work when document title is focused
- It's now possible to underline text in the editor with
- Horizontal dividers are no longer selectable in read-only
v0.46.1 ChangesAugust 25, 2020
- ➕ Added support for Node 14
~700Kb, bundles are now hashed by their content also so they will not always be invalidated between updates.
- 👌 Improvements to websocket reliability, websockets will also now be attempted before polling – previously polling was started first and then upgraded to websockets.
- 🏗 Issue that caused websocket connections to build up on retry
- 🚚 It's now possible to move templates between collections
- ✂ Removed unnecessary API request when loading publicly shared documents
- Websocket no longer reconnects when navigating from app <-> settings
- 🛠 Fixed up mobile styling in a number of areas to stop content extending off the right hand side of the screen
v0.46.0 ChangesAugust 13, 2020
- 🆕 New editor content type "Notice blocks" (#1371).
- 🆕 New ability to create "Templates" for document creation – see public changelog post for more information (#1399).
- Publicly shared documents now show a "globe" icon as a hint (#1388).
- It's now possible to create share links that are not publicly accessible.
- It's now possible to toggle checkboxes without being in "Edit" mode (#1349).
- 👌 Improved display of hover previews (#1367).
- Breadcrumbs for Drafts now include "Drafts".
- ⚡️ Clicking the last updated time on a document now opens the version history sidebar (#1285).
- Floating toolbar behavior has been improved
- ⬆️ Worth noting that many development stack dependencies were upgraded including Webpack, Eslint, Jest, Babel, Flow, Prettier…
- ✂ Removed all references to Spectrum community (#1366).
- 🛠 Fixed some broken styling introduced by latest Chrome release
- Prevent reload loop with error on editor load
- 🛠 Fixed a JS error in collection description editor
- 🛠 Fixed ability to edit the beginning of long collection descriptions (#1391).
- "Login to X" is now centered on signin page if team name wraps to multiple lines.
- 👌 Improved reliability of websocket connection (#1439).
- 🛠 Fixed rendering of Github Gists (#1400).
v0.45.0 ChangesJuly 18, 2020
🆕 New Features
- Hovering over internal links to other documents now shows detailed "preview cards" so you can get an idea of the document without clicking through.
- A new, cleaner and faster login page
- The team name is now shown in page titles
- A new documents.export endpoint was added to the API to quickly grab documents in Markdown format
- Lucidchart embeds now work across the various Lucidchart subdomains
v0.44.0 ChangesJuly 03, 2020
🆕 New Features
- The slash menu now has the option to create a link
- You can now make collections easier to discover and pick out in the sidebar by setting an icon and color.
- 📚 Various mistakes in API documentation have been addressed
- Editor placeholder is now hidden when uploading an image
- 🖨 Document meta data, references, and editor UI are no longer visible when printing a document
- 🖨 Italics and blockquotes are now displayed correctly when printing in Google Chrome
- Email signin users are now marked as active when they first accept an invite