Papermerge alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Document Management" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Papermerge or a related project?
Papermerge Document Management System
In a nutshell, Papermerge is an open source document management system (DMS) primarily designed for archiving and retrieving your digital documents. Instead of having piles of paper documents all over your desk, office or drawers - you can quickly scan them and configure your scanner to directly upload to Papermerge DMS.
Papermerge DMS on its turn will OCR the document and index it. You will be able to quickly find any (scanned!) document using full text search capabilities.
- Documents of pdf, jpg, png, tiff formats are supported
- Per page OCR of the documents
- Full Text Search of the scanned documents
- Files and Folders - users can organize documents in folders
- User permissions management
- Document permissions management
- REST API (screencast demo)
- Page Management - delete, reorder, cut & paste pages (screencast demo)
[Screenshot 01](./screenshots/screenshot01.png) [Screenshot 02](./screenshots/screenshot02.png) [Screenshot 03](./screenshots/screenshot03.png)
You can try it with just 3 simple commands (you need git and docker-compose):
git clone email@example.com:ciur/papermerge.git cd docker docker-compose up -d
Docker compose command will pull all necessary docker images and start papermerge (stable 1.2 version) on http://localhost:8000. Access it with default username/password: admin/admin.
There are couple options:
- From docker container
- Using systemd
- Manual way - detailed step by step instructions
- Deploy it with ansible... coming soon!
- MgMail - Imports document attachments from SMTP account/email into Papermerge DMS via REST API key
- MgClipboard - Django Middleware used in Papermerge DMS to power cut/paste of the document/folder/page (IDs) into user's session
- Django Lessons - All knowledge I gain during development of Papermerge nicely presented as screencasts. Screencasts are short and to the point lessons about Django ecosystem