phpBB is a free open-source bulletin board written in PHP.
- Create an account on phpBB.com
- Create a ticket (unless there already is one)
- Read our Coding guidelines and Git Contribution Guidelines
- Send us a pull request
🏗️ Setting up a development build of phpBB
To run an installation from the repo (and not from a pre-built package) on a local server, run the following commands:
- Fork phpbb/phpbb to your GitHub account, then create a local clone of it:
git clone https://github.com/your_github_name/phpbb.git
- Install phpBB's dependencies (from the root of your phpbb repo):
cd phpBB php ../composer.phar install
Alternatively, you can read our [Vagrant documentation](phpBB/docs/vagrant.md) to find out how to use Vagrant to develop and contribute to phpBB.
phpBB's Development Documentation contains all the information you'll need to learn about developing for phpBB's core, extensions and automated testing.
🔬 Automated Testing
We have unit and functional tests in order to prevent regressions. You can view the bamboo continuous integration here or check our GitHub Actions below:
|master||Latest development version|
|3.3.x||Development of version 3.3.x|
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the phpBB README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.