Piwigo alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Photo and Video Galleries" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Piwigo or a related project?
Manage your photo library. Piwigo is open source photo gallery software for the web. Designed for organisations, teams and individuals.
The piwigo.org website introduces you to Piwigo. You'll find a demo, forums, wiki and news.
- A webserver (Apache or nginx recommended)
- PHP 5.3 or greater (7+ recommended)
- MySQL 5 or greater or MariaDB equivalent
- ImageMagick (recommended) or PHP GD
Quick start install
- Download the NetInstall script
- Transfer the script to your web space with any FTP client
- Open the script in you web browser (for example http://example.com/piwigo-netinstall.php) and follow the steps
- Download the latest stable version and unzip it
- Transfer everything to your web space with any FTP client
- Open your website (for example http://example.com/piwigo) and follow the steps
If you do not have your own server, consider the piwigo.com hosting solution.
Piwigo is widely driven by its community; if you want to improve the code, fork this repo and submit your changes to the
master branch. See our Contribution guide.
Piwigo is released under the GPL v2 license. See our Copying details.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Piwigo README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.