- 🛠 fixes not being redirected to setup page on first launch
- 🛠 fixes media serving with DEBUG=False
Media serving important information
TLDR; If you don't use nginx (or any other webserver) in your docker setup (
docker-compose.yml) please update it to include one (see this and this example). Lastly add
👀 If you want to continue serving media files without a webserver (which is not recommended, see explanaition) add
.envfile and everything should work as before.
🚀 In PR #39 and subsequent commits we introduced Whitenoise as the static file server for everything included in the static files directories. Doing this seemingly allowed us to get rid of the additional nginx container running to serve static/media files. By changing the default debug mode to false (which it should have been a long time) in the 0.8.0 release media file serving broke, as they were always served trough debug features.
🐎 Basically everyone recommends not doing this, even tough it appear to be more a performance and less a security issue. To allow you to continue using the gunicorn to serve media files the
GUNICORN_MEDIAsetting was added to the
The recommended solution is to add back the nginx container into your
docker-compose.yml. To do so simply add the container as shown in this and this example. You also need to download the
nxinxfolder and place it next to your
docker-compose.yml. If you need any help migrating feel free to raise an issue and ask for it.
🚀 For the next few releases
GUNICORN_MEDIAwill default to true in order not to break existing installation on updates, some kind of warning will be displayed with the next version.
- ➕ added web setup page so superusers dont need to be created trough the command line
- made images in large search view clickable (#80 thanks @cazier)
- ✂ removed CDN based loading of jquery and other client side dependencies #75
- 🛠 fixed headers being rendered in shopping lists #78
- ➕ added setting to disable showing of recently viewed recipes #76
- 👌 improved keyword rendering in plan and search view #77
- ➕ added link to GitHub in the user dropdown
- ➕ added markdown docs linkt to user dropdown
- ➕ added some documentation/help to the
- ✂ removed spaces from beginning of shopping list entries and changed the line break operator
- ⚡️ updated german translations
🌐 > Translations : You can now contribute to the project by supplying localization trough the new transifex project