Avg Release Cycle
90 days ago
- 🛠 Fix bug that broke Ethercalc.
- ⚡️ Sandstorm can now run on systems where user namespaces are not available, including on kernel version 3.10 (previously, 3.13 was required). This means RHEL 7, CentOS 7, and Arch should now be supported. However, we plan to spend some time testing this new mode before updating the installer script to accept these platforms. If you'd like to test it now -- with the caveat that there may be bugs -- try the updated installer script from this pull request. Or, copy an existing Sandstorm install to a new server -- the new sandboxing mode is used automatically when user namespaces are unavailable.
- 🔄 Changed LDAP config to mask the search password.
- 🚚 Moved login errors to the top of the login dialog / menu, from the bottom.
- 🛠 Fixed more admin settings inputs to automatically trim whitespace.
- ➕ Added internal support for "standalone grains", where a grain runs on a separate domain with Sandstorm UI hidden. This is experimental and currently requires poking the database to enable.
- During an e-mail verification powerbox request, there is now an "add new e-mail" option which links a new e-mail identity to your account on-the-fly.
- 🛠 Fixed issues with the Cap'n Proto API where passing a Sandstorm-provided capability back to Sandstorm in the presence of promise pipelining could sometimes fail.
- 🌲 Self-hosting: Improved the display of the system log during setup.
- Sandstorm for Work: Links to the billing dashboard are now more direct.
- We now use a version of Node.js patched to fix V8 issue 5338. We hope that V8 will eventually fix the bug upstream.
- 🔊 When the app initiates the sharing dialog, powerbox, or other dialogs (as opposed to the user initiating them by clicking on the top bar), the dialog will now appear centered rather than hanging from the topbar.
spk packwill no longer segfault when the package's root path does not map to any source path.
- 🛠 Fixed bug where if a grain's title contained non-ASCII characters, downloading a backup might fail.
- 🛠 Fixed that powerbox identity picker didn't work if you'd ever shared with a demo user or a user that was later deleted.
- 🛠 Fixed that unopened shares would always appear at the top of the powerbox grain picker, rather than being sorted by date.
- 🌲 Self-hosting: You can now access the system log during setup, before logging in. This is useful for debugging login problems.
- 🔧 Self-hosting: Identity provider configuration will now strip leading and trailing whitespace from configured values. A bug in Firefox's "copy" operation often adds such whitespace when copy/pasting keys e.g. from the Google OAuth config.
- Sandstorm for Work: You can now specify a private CA cert for LDAP TLS negotiation.
- 🌲 Sandstorm for Work: When a response from the SAML IdP is not understood, it is written to the system log, to help debug.
- 🆓 Oasis: Trashed (but not yet deleted) grains will no longer count against the 5-grain limit for free users.
- ⚡️ Oasis: Fixed that bonus storage for subscribing to the mailing list was not being updated if you subscribed or unsubscribed from outside of the Oasis UI (e.g. subscribing from the form on our web site, or unsubscribing by clicking the link on the page).
- Apps can now make a powerbox request for an identity. The user will choose from among their contacts. This can be used e.g. to assign a task in Wekan to a user who hasn't yet visited the board.
- 👌 Improved usability of setup wizard based on user testing.
- 👌 Improved installer usability.
- Activity events generated by anonymous users should now work correctly.
- 🛠 Fixed that if a user on a server manually updated a preinstalled app via the app market before the update notification had gone out, then new users would continue to receive the old version of the app.
- 🛠 Fixed bug where timing issues in template rendering could lead to a blank screen, for instance when a demo account expires.
- ⚡️ Self-hosted Sandstorm updates will now have "zero" downtime, whereas previously users would experience connection failures for several seconds. This is accomplished by keeping the listen sockets open, so instead of errors, users only perceive a delay.
- 🛠 Fixed that pronoun selection was always showing up as "they" in account settings.
- Alphabetical sorting of grains is now locale-aware.
- 🔄 Changed various text to call Sandstorm a "productivity suite".
- 🛠 Fixed that the collections app was not being automatically selected for pre-installation on self-hosted instances.
- ➕ Added a way for users to leave feedback when deleting their account.
- 🛠 Fixed display of user limit for feature keys with unlimited users.
X-Phabricator-*headers in HTTP requests.
- 🛠 Fixed a problem preventing some LDAP users from receiving notification e-mails.
- 🛠 Fixed that refactoring in 0.181 could cause SAML login to fail.
- 🚀 The security hardening in 0.181 broke Gogs, for a different reason. This release rolls back the hardening temporarily while we resolve the issue.
- 🚀 The security hardening in 0.181 broke Ethercalc. This release fixes it.