Avg Release Cycle
42 days ago
- Meteor-based apps will no longer go into redirect loops when WebSockets are not working.
- 🛠 Sandstorm for Work: Fixed SAML login failing when a user's name contained non-ASCII characters.
- ⚡️ The Powerbox API has changed slightly to involve a server-side exchange after the client-side selection operation. This improve security. Existing powerbox-using apps will need to be updated -- but no major apps are using it yet.
- When using email login and clicking the link (rather than copy/pasting the token), you will now be redirected back to the URL from which you initiated login.
- 👌 Improved design of profile editor UI.
- The user table in the admin panel can now be sorted by clicking column headers.
- 🛠 Fixed "guided tour" hint bubble for installing apps showing for users who aren't allowed to install apps.
- 🛠 Fixed regression in static web publishing that caused requests that should have returned 404s or redirect-to-add-trailing-slash to instead return a 500 status with a blank page.
- ➕ Added ability for admin to request a heapdump (to debug memory leaks).
- Sandstorm for Work: SAML connector should now work with Active Directory.
- 🛠 Fixed various subtle resource leaks in Sandstorm front-end and sandstorm-http-bridge.
- 🛠 Fixed random crash/hang bug introduced in sandstorm-http-bridge v0.166. Apps build since that time will need to be rebuilt.
- 🚚 The old admin interface has been completely removed (the new admin interface has been the default since v0.164).
- 🔧 The email configuration test dialog now shows more informative error messages.
- The "most-used" apps row is now only shown if you have more than 6 apps, without which it isn't helping.
- ➕ Added "guided tour" hint highlighting the "share access" button.
- ➕ Added explanatory text to admin user invite page.
- 🛠 Fixed search bar autofocus on app list page.
- The question mark info button on Grains page was supposed to have a circle around it.
- ⚡️ Updated to Meteor 22.214.171.124.
- Implemented hard flow control at the Cap'n Proto layer so that an errant (or malicious) app cannot cause excessive memory use elsewhere in the system by making excessive simultaneous calls. This should improve the stability of Oasis.
- Implemented flow control for uploads to an app (though it rarely comes into play unless running Sandstorm locally).
- 🛠 Fixed that after losing internet connectivity for a while (or suspending your laptop) and then coming back, grains would refresh.
- 🛠 Fixed some memory leaks in shell server.
- ➕ Added more "guided tour" points to help new users learn Sandstorm.
- 🔧 Sandstorm for Work: SAML connector now exports XML auto-configuration blob.
- 💻 Sandstorm for Work: Improved UI around feature keys.
- ⚡️ Implemented flow control for large file downloads from apps so that they don't buffer in the front-end consuming excessive RAM. Apps that handle large files will need to re-pack using the latest sandstorm-http-bridge and push an update.
- 🔧 Sandstorm for Work: Made SAML entity ID configurable; added more setup instructions.
- ⚡️ Updated Google login setup instructions to match latest gratuitous UI changes.
- 💻 Re-enabled websocket self-check under new admin UI.
- 💻 Self-hosting: The admin settings UI has been completely revamped.
- 🛠 Fixed grain debug log auto-scrolling.
- 🛠 Sandcats: Fixed obscure ASN.1 type issue in CSRs that was causing Globalsign API to complain.
- 🛠 Fixed bug where logging in via Google or Github while viewing a sharing link which you had already redeemed previously would lead to an error.
- 🛠 Fixed subtle bug introduced in 0.162 which caused shared grains to refresh every minute.
- Implemented "trash". Deleted grains go to the trash where they can be recovered for up to 30 days.
- Grains can now be deleted from the grain list, without opening them first. Multiple grains can be selected for deletion at once.
- An app can now request that the "who has access" dialog be displayed.
- 🛠 Fixed bug where after an upload failed, future uploads would show the same error despite not having failed.
- 👉 Tweaked the "logout other sessions" button to give better feedback that the request is in-progress.
- When visiting a Sandstorm server that hasn't been set up yet, you'll now be redirected to the setup wizard.
- The API endpoint now allows the authorization token to be specified as part of the path, for cases where setting the
Authorizationheader is not possible (especially cross-origin WebSocket).
- API requests can now include Mercurial headers, potentially allowing a Mercurial server app.
- 🔧 You can now configure Sandstorm to accept SMTP connections on low-numbered ports, such as 25.
- Apps that send email can now omit the "from" address and have it filled in automatically to the grain's auto-generated address. (Previously, the app had to explicitly call another method to find out this address.)
- 👍 Rewrote permissions algorithm to support upcoming features. Should have no visible changes currently.
- 🛠 Fixed some bugs around grain renaming when a grain was received through multiple sharing links.
- Sharing emails are now included in the per-user email send limit of 50 per day.
- Oasis: Demo users can no longer send sharing invite emails, due to abuse.
- 🔧 Sandstorm for Work: The SAML configuration now clearly displays the entity ID used by Sandstorm.