Avg Release Cycle
193 days ago
v0.91 ChangesJune 20, 2015
- 🐛 Bug: The first bug in v0.90 was not fully fixed: query parameters and fragments were still being dropped. This is blocking a thing, so we're pushing another fix. Sorry.
v0.90 ChangesJune 20, 2015
- 🐛 Bug: Share links with paths would lose the path if the user was logged in and consumed the link (redirecting them to /grain/whatever). The path is now preserved in this redirect.
- 🐛 Bug: The API by which apps set paths did the wrong thing when viewing anonymously via a share link: it would overwrite the URL with a /grain URL, which would lead to an unauthorized error if the user refreshed.
- 🐛 Bug: On server restart/upgrade, logged in users viewing grains not owned by them had their view force-reloaded. Buggy code perceived the user's permissions to be changing.
- 🐛 Bug: On server restart/upgrade, anonymous users viewing share links would not be force-reloaded, but would find that the iframed app stopped working and started giving 404s instead. This is because session hosts were not restored correctly for anonymous users.
v0.89 ChangesJune 20, 2015
- "Incognito" sharing: Sandstorm will now ask you whether you want to reveal your identity when visiting a share link from someone you haven't interacted with before.
- When you have no grains, a big green arrow will now suggest that you install an app or create a grain. (Helps users get through the demo.)
- Apps can now receive callbacks from Github webhooks via the API endpoint.
- Share links can now include paths (e.g. to make them go to a specific page on MediaWiki).
- 🛠 Fixed unexpected page refreshes when using apps that support paths (like MediaWiki).
- ⏱ "Admin alert" feature lets you define a banner to show to all users, possibly including a time and countdown, e.g. to announce scheduled downtime.
- Various Admin panel usability improvements.
v0.88 ChangesJune 18, 2015
- 🛠 Fix real-time activity stats not being displayed (in admin settings).
- 🛠 Fix issue on Oasis where worker could get into a bad state and refuse to start grains.
v0.87 ChangesJune 13, 2015
- ⚡️ Emergency fix to race condition which caused the login control to claim no login services were configured when communicating with a server far-away on the network. This wasn't caught in testing because we usually test against localhost servers. The fix is to make the list of enabled services reactive, where it wasn't before. This update should entirely resolve the problem.
v0.86 ChangesJune 13, 2015
- 🆕 New API allows apps to stay running in the background. The user is notified and can cancel the background processing to avoid expending resources. A notifications box has been added to the UI; eventually, other notifications will arrive here too, but for now it's just for background processing.
- 🆕 New API allows apps to render an "offer template", which is a chunk of instructional text containing an embedded API token suitable for copy/pasting e.g. into a shell. This will be used, for example, to improve the UX for Gitweb and Gitlab so that you can set up your git client by copy/pasting sample commands. The app can display such a template without ever getting direct access to the API token text, which would otherwise be a violation of confinement.
- ⏪ Backup/restore functions now go through the backend API rather than having the front-end directly operate on the filesystem. The zip and unzip processes are additionally more tightly sandboxed than before.
- 🌲 Admin panel now includes usage stats and a view of the server log file.
spk packnow avoids creating excessive numbers of mmap()s (which vbox shared folders don't like).
- Admin user list now shows the email address or invite notes under which the user was invited.
- Various installer UX improvements, especially in failure cases.
v0.85 ChangesJune 01, 2015
- ➕ Added this change log, and made it appear on the "about" page.
- ⚡️ Updated to latest Meteor.
- 👌 Improved
spk packperformance by using multiple compression threads.
- 🛠 Bugfix: Sending invides in admin settings now works with emergency admin token login.
- 🛠 Bugfix: Don't display irrelevant webkey button to users who can't use it.
- 🛠 Bugfix: When testing SMTP, use the newly-input configuration rather than the saved configuration.
- 🛠 Bugfix: Fix permissions on various disk directories so that the
sandstormgroup can access them.
v0.84 ChangesMay 24, 2015
- 🛠 Fix admin-token ownership; when created as root
- 👌 Support standalone spk binary
- 🚀 Change logs were not kept, but you can inspect the release tags in git.