🐛 Bug fixes
- 🛠 Fixed issue where a Sourcegraph cluster would incorrectly show "An update is available".
- 🛠 Fixed Phabricator links to repositories
- Searches over a single repository are now less likely to immediately time out the first time they are searched.
- 🛠 Fixed a bug where
auth.provider == "http-header"would incorrectly require builtin authentication / block site access when
auth.public == "false".
Phabricator Integration Changes
💻 We now display a "View on Phabricator" link rather than a "View on other code host" link if you are using Phabricator and hosting on GitHub or another code host with a UI. Commit links also will point to Phabricator.
👌 Improvements to SAML authentication
📇 You may now optionally provide the SAML Identity Provider metadata XML file contents directly, with the
identityProviderMetadatasite configuration property. (Previously, you needed to specify the URL where that XML file was available; that is still possible and is more common.) The new option is useful for organizations whose SAML metadata is not web-accessible or while testing SAML metadata configuration changes.
👌 Improvements to builtin authentication
auth.provider == "builtin", two new important changes mean that a Sourcegraph server will be locked down and only accessible to users who are invited by an admin user (previously, we advised users to place their own auth proxy in front of Sourcegraph servers).
0️⃣ 1. When
auth.provider == "builtin"Sourcegraph will now by default require an admin to invite users instead of allowing anyone who can visit the site to sign up. Set
auth.allowSignup == trueto retain the old behavior of allowing anyone who can access the site to signup. 🔧 2. When
auth.provider == "builtin", Sourcegraph will now respects a new
auth.publicsite configuration option (default value:
auth.public == false, Sourcegraph will not allow anyone to access the site unless they have an account and are signed in.
- 👍 Code Intelligence support
- Custom links to code hosts with the
links:config options in
- 0️⃣ Search by file path enabled by default
- Repository settings mirror/cloning diagnostics page
- 0️⃣ Repositories added from GitHub are no longer enabled by default. The site admin UI for enabling/disabling repositories is improved.
- Search files by name by including
type:pathin a search query
- 🔧 Global alerts for configuration-needed and cloning-in-progress
- 👍 Better list interfaces for repositories, users, organizations, and threads
- 👉 Users can change their own password in settings
- Repository groups can now be specified in settings by site admins, organizations, and users. Then
repogroup:fooin a search query will search over only those repositories specified for the
- 0️⃣ Log messages are much quieter by default
- Search files by name by including
- ➕ Added site admin updates page and update checking
- ➕ Added site admin telemetry page
- ✨ Enhanced site admin panel
- 📚 Changed repo- and SSO-related site config property names to be consistent, updated documentation
- 🔧 Online site configuration editing and reloading
- 🚀 Site admins are now configured in the site admin area instead of in the
adminUsernamesconfig key or
ADMIN_USERNAMESenv var. Users specified in those deprecated configs will be designated as site admins in the database upon server startup until those configs are removed in a future release.
- An issue that prevented creation and deletion of saved queries
- Built-in authentication: you can now sign up without an SSO provider.
- 0️⃣ Faster default branch code search via indexing.
- 🐎 Many performance improvements to search.
- 🌲 Much log spam has been eliminated.
- We optionally read
- 👯 SSH key required to clone repositories from GitHub Enterprise when using a self-signed certificate.
The last version without a CHANGELOG.