SubjectsPlus is a LAMP/WAMP application that allows you to manage a number of interrelated parts of a library website:
Research Guides (i.e., subject, course, etc.) Database A-Z List Staff List FAQs Suggestion Box
SubjectsPlus alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Education" category.
Alternatively, view SubjectsPlus alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.3 10.0 L3 SubjectsPlus VS KohaKoha is a free software integrated library system (ILS). Koha is distributed under the GNU GPL version 3 or later. ***Note: this is a synced mirror of the official Koha repo. Note: This project uses its own bug tracker, see https://bugs.koha-community.org/ to report a bug or submit a patch.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of SubjectsPlus or a related project?
SubjectsPlus is a a LAMP/WAMP application that allows you to manage a number of interrelated parts of a library website:
- Research Guides (i.e., subject, course, etc.)
- Database A-Z List
- Staff List
- Suggestion Box
- Videos (i.e., produced in-library)
It was originally developed at the Ithaca College Library, and primary development is now taking place at the University of Miami Libraries. It is made available under the GNU GPL.
Website, Documentation, Support
- PHP >= to 5.3 - 5.6
- MySQL >= 4 - 5.6
- Web server -- usually Apache, but some people have SubjectsPlus running on IIS
If you run into any missing/weird functionality, check that the following extensions are enabled for PHP:
- mbstring (not necessary, but you'll need to tweak header.php without this)
- simplexml (for reading RSS feeds)
- json (some data is stored as json)
- gettext (only if you need internationalization, aka translations)
- gd (image resizing--notably for headshots and generation of video thumbnails)
If you have MySQL 5.7 you must disable ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY permanently. Please refer to this stack overflow issue.
Visit the wiki for installation instructions.