CyTube alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Video Streaming" category.
Alternatively, view CyTube alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.4 9.9 CyTube VS VideoLAN Client (VLC)VLC media player - All pull requests are ignored, please follow https://wiki.videolan.org/Sending_Patches_VLC/
9.1 3.4 CyTube VS StreamaSelf hosted streaming media server. https://docs.streama-project.com/
8.4 9.7 CyTube VS OwncastTake control over your live stream video by running it yourself. Streaming + chat out of the box.
8.3 9.9 L2 CyTube VS ZoneminderZoneMinder is a free, open source Closed-circuit television software application developed for Linux which supports IP, USB and Analog cameras.
8.0 0.0 L1 CyTube VS EmbyEmby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.
6.7 3.0 L4 CyTube VS RestreamerThe Restreamer is a complete streaming server solution for self-hosting. It has a visually appealing user interface and no ongoing license costs. Upload your live stream to YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Vimeo, or other streaming solutions like Wowza. Receive video data from OBS and publish it with the internal RTMP server.
5.6 6.9 CyTube VS MediaCMSMediaCMS is a modern, fully featured open source video and media CMS, written in Python/Django and React, featuring a REST API.
Darwin Streaming Server is Apple's open source version of the QuickTime Streaming Server technology allowing you to send streaming media across the Internet using the industry standard RTP and RTSP protocols.
4.2 8.2 L5 CyTube VS MistServerThe official mistserver source repository - www.mistserver.com
2.5 5.2 CyTube VS OblectoOblecto is a media server, which streams media you already own, and is designed to be at the heart of your entertainment experience. It runs on your home server to index and analyze your media such as Movies and TV Shows and presents them in an interface tailored for your media consupmtion needs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of CyTube or a related project?
Read before submitting an issue: https://github.com/calzoneman/sync/wiki/Reporting-an-Issue
CyTube is a web application providing media synchronization, chat, and more for an arbitrary number of channels. I began developing this as a hobby project, and when synchtube.com announced their closure, I began polishing it and readying it for the public.
I am hosting a CyTube server at http://cytu.be
- Standalone web/socket.io server
- Optional SSL support for socket.io and the account API
- Synchronized playback from the following sources:
- YouTube (individual videos + playlists)
- Google Docs videos
- Raw video/audio files (via JWPlayer)
- Embedding of the following sources:
- RTMP streams
- Icecast (via JWPlayer)
- Channel customization
- HTML Message of the Day
- Tiered ranks (Site admin > Channel admin > Moderator > Leader > Member > Guest > Anonymous)
- Chat filters (based on regular expressions)
- Lock/unlock playlist to allow additions by non-moderators (configurable with permissions)
- Searchable library of videos
- Integrated YouTube search
- Save/load playlists per user account
- Voteskip (can be disabled by a channel moderator)
- Auto-AFK status (can be configured per-channel)
- Grants control of playback to a user (can pause/seek)
- Can also be used to grant temporary mod-like powers to a user
- Not necessary for synchronization as the server has an internal timer
- Channel state saves/loads on restart
- Account management
- Password change
- Password reset (via email)
- Profile avatar and text
- Mute users
- Kick users
- Ban users by name
- Ban users by IP address (and by /24 range)
- Log viewer
- Global bans
- Search registered channels and users
- Currently loaded channels
- Stats (usercount, channelcount, RAM usage)
Installation instructions are available here: https://github.com/calzoneman/sync/wiki/Installing
Start the server:
You should now be able to connect via
the port you defined in config.js
Please open a GitHub Issue.
Licensed under MIT See LICENSE for the full license text
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the CyTube README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.