Tasks alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Task management/To-do lists" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Tasks or a related project?
Tasks is a simplistic Go webapp to manage tasks, I built this tool to manage tasks which I wanted to do, there are many good kanban style boards, but I felt they were a bit too heavyweight for my taste. Also I wanted to learn the Go webapp development.
How to use?
This will generate the binary and set up the database. If you want, you can copy the binary and the public folder into a folder of your choice.
go get github.com/thewhitetulip/Tasks
- change dir to the respective folder and create the db file:
cat schema.sql | sqlite3 tasks.db
- open localhost:8081
You can change the port in the config file
- Add, update, delete task.
- Search tasks, the query is highlighted in the search results page.
- Github flavoured markdown, which enables us for using a task list, advanced syntax highlighting and much more.
- Supports file upload, randomizes the file name, stores the user given filename in a db and works on the randomized file name for security reasons.
- Priorities are assigned, High = 3, medium = 2 and low = 1, sorting is done on priority descending and created date ascending.
- Categories are supported, you can add tasks to different categories.
- Ability to hide a task from the timeline.
- For a task list, shows 6 out of 8 tasks completed.
- Single click install, just run the install.sh file.
I am learning writing webapps with Go as I build this application, I took to writing an introductory book about building webapps in Go because I faced a lot of problems while learning how to write webapps in Go, it, the book strives to teach by practical examples. You are welcome to contribute to the book.
The Home Page
Add Task dialog
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015 Suraj Patil
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Tasks README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.